Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
This five player game closed out a lengthy day of gaming (and a lengthy day of coming up in third place in everything I played!)

I was determined to perfect my shipping strategy - probably to the detriment of my game overall. My city was sparse with only enough buildings to maximize my indigo production and a small warehouse and wharf to maximize my shipping ability.

Don's game never got off the ground as roles were consistantly taken in the wrong order for him to make use of them and buildings he needed were taken before he had opportunity.

Shawn started off cash poor with a Hospice/Hacienda combo but was more than making up for it near the end once he started producing enough cash crops to fund his city building and enough barrels in other things to stay competitive in shipping.

Kurt went for the factory early and was able to diversify himself with relative ease, thus never had any cash flow problems and was building like a madman before long.

Mark played a flexible mixed strategy with a little trading and a little shipping and some shrewd building - taking whatever seemed best at the time.

The end of the game occured when there were not enough colonists to fill the ship. Kurt won a tiebreaker over Shawn thanks to excess barrels and coins. Had the game gone one turn longer (or had I found enough funds earlier) I would have had them both beat by one VP, but I was unable to get the Customs House in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.