Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you build units at a space dock in the same round in which it was produced?
Can you build units at a space dock that has just been moved to a planet that was controlled for the ENTIRE current round, but the space dock itself has just been moved there by "massive trnasport?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
ermd wrote:
Can you build units at a space dock in the same round in which it was produced?

No. Even if through Warfare or other things in the game the system becomes inactivated, you cannot build at a Space Dock in the same round that the Dock itself was built.

Quote:
Can you build units at a space dock that has just been moved to a planet that was controlled for the ENTIRE current round, but the space dock itself has just been moved there by "massive trnasport?"

I would say yes; as long as the Space Dock itself has existed for the entire round, I see no reason why not.

Heck, it would be a good question if the planet you moved it to was just barely taken over that round; the rules state you can't build a new Space Dock at such a planet, but doesn't cover what would happen if you MOVED the Space Dock there and then used something like Warfare to inactivate the system

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Miltenburg
Netherlands
Enschede
Overijsel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since it isn't mentioned that you can't I would say go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is the ultimate authority here to answer that latter question (not my original one)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Burghardt
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you can build out of space dock during the same phase that it was built if you are able to remove the command counter and then reactivate the system. I'm NOT saying during the same tactical/transfer action that the dock was built.

You can never build a space dock on a planet during the same phase that you took the planet. That is an absolute rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Burt X - The "ultimate authority" you speak of would be the game designers. They've been known to chime in now and again, but usually not for rules questions If you want a more authoritative discussion/ruling, you'd probably want to head over to the Fantasy Flight Games forums, and/or send a rules question to the designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.