Yonatan Schultz
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
With images here: https://vault34.com/ti3-play-report-i-2/

Personal Journal Entry I:

We have heard rumblings from the edge of the old empire. The outer colonies are once again taking to the stars. The lesser species are reaching out and we must be ready to meet them with blaster and missile.

We have been charged with the defense of Mecatol Rex from the former colonies until we are strong enough to reassert our dominance over the galaxy.

I have seen reports that the Hacan and the Xxcha are mustering their forces. Recently, a new threat has appeared on the edge of the galaxy in an area that we thought uninhabited.

A strange race of flesh and machine are building endless factories. Some of my brothers and sisters whisper that it is the return of our people but how could these monstrosities be the saviors of the glorious Lazax? I refuse to believe it.

A great War Sun has appeared on the edge of the inhabited worlds. We hear tell that it was created by a race of living flame. They claim that they had overthrown their Jol Nar slave masters and are seeking their own fortune.

Still more strange a new wormhole has brought the Ghosts of Creuss from beyond the known galaxy. These beasts claim to create wormholes from nothing. I fear what they may unleash on the civilzed worlds.

The drills begin soon. We must be ready to defend our land.

For the glory of the Empire,

Syn Vel Abhar
Lazax Intelligence Officer, Mecatol Rex Defense Force
___

Personal Journal Entry II:

Intelligence reports are coming in so fast that it is difficult to keep up to date with them. The Embers of Muaat have quickly expanded using their massive War Sun to dominate all planets within immediate range of their home world.

The Emirates of Hacan quickly followed suit, reaching out in all directions to bring the nearby worlds to heel.

We have learned that the mechanic monstrosities call themselves the L1z1x Mindnet. They have armadas made up of dreadnoughts that cast vast shadows over the outer worlds as they expand their empire.

Some glimmer of hope as our ancient booby-traps have stalled the expansion of the Xxcha Kingdom and the Ghost of Creuss. The Ghosts found one of our supernova bombs, which took out their entire fleet.

The attack reduced the entire empire of the Ghosts to a single defenseless Space Dock.

The Xxcha Kingdom found one of our gravity bombs in a nearby system. Unfortunately it only swallowed one of their cruisers, leaving the rest of their fleet free to make a grab for the independent planets near their home system.

I hope that these traps will stifle the expansionist aims of these lesser species and remind them that space is not for the weak hearted.

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Personal Journal Entry III:

Tragedy has struck! The Xxcha have discovered *two* colonies of Lazax living in the outer worlds. They must have been cut off from Mecatol Rex during the Twilight Wars. It fills my heart with warmth to know that they have survived all these centuries but now those turtles are using them to prop up their claims to the throne!

I fear for the future of our planet. To one side, the L1z1x Mindnet have build a Space Dock, which, I fear, they will use as a staging area for their invasion of Mecatol Rex. The Embers' War Sun looms ever closer on the horizon. Even the Xxcha have a ship lurking at the border of our space.

Our defense forces have been training non-stop since the reports began to come in. We will fight to the death to defend the seat of the empire from these colonials. They will learn their place.

Some of the outer worlds have resisted these pretenders to the throne. I have reports of the Emirates' forces being rebuffed by partisans on Litra IV. The Ghosts of Creuss are steadily rebuilding, using the threat of the L1z1x to distract their neighbors from the Ghosts' expansionism.

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Personal Journal Entry IV:

The worst has happened. These L1z1x may have been our brothers and sisters once, but no longer. They are monsters, half made up of circuitry and their proud heritage long forgotten.

Their dreadnoughts and cruisers shot down our fighters as if swatting a fly. When they landed, they showed no mercy. We continue the fight from our bunkers but they seek our resistance cells and eradicate every living thing they find inside.

I have seen the factories that they are building. But to what end?

Their aggressiveness has sparked tensions with both of their immediate neighbors. We pray that we might be able to spark a conflict with either the Xxcha Kingdom or the Emirates of Hacan, preferably both. It would force the L1z1x to redirect their forces and, I hope, give us a chance to expunge these vile invaders.

The Hacan seem to have come to some peace with both the Xxcha and the Embers of Muaat. They have expanded quickly and have amassed a fortune on the way. Their flagship glitters like a gem along their border with the L1z1x.

The Xxcha hide their might in a nebula, waiting to strike if the opportunity should present itself. They have built up their border with the L1z1x as well. We hope that we can turn this to our advantage.

The Embers are slowly sprawling across their part of the galaxy. The second War Sun has been constructed and can be seen with the naked eye two sectors away. Their partisans have risen up against an attempted Ghosts of Creuss invasion. How long these patriots can hold out without reinforcements is anyone's guess.

A single Hacan destroyer has appeared in the middle of the L1z1x's empire. We have no idea why it is there. Could this be the spark that lights the fire? I pray that it is.

I have to cut this entry short as we must move positions to prevent being detected by L1z1x patrols.

For the glory of the empire,

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Personal Journal Entry V:

Something is brewing. I can feel in the in the air. The races have been quiet, too quiet. The L1z1x continue to hunt our fighters but we know this planet better than they do.

The Hacan fleet has moved entirely to their border with the L1z1x. It can't be long before tensions break out into conflict.

The Ghost of Creuss appeared in the middle of L1z1x territory, destroying the Hacan destroyer. Oddly, war has not broken out over this. I would guess some sort of back room politics are at work.

The Embers have moved out their second War Sun and captured more territory. Some of our agents have reactivated two ancient planetary defense systems that have stymied their invasion plans.

War is coming. I only hope that it will afford us the chance to throw off the shackles of the Mindnet.

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Personal Journal Entry VI:

It has happened! The Embers of Muaat and the Emirates of Hacan have entered into an alliance and pushed back the L1z1x!

On their front, the Hacan have built a War Sun of their own and taken the sector of Industrex but loyal L1z1x resistance fighters continue to fight a pitched battle against any ground invasion. The Embers have liberated Mecatol Rex. We have not made ourselves known yet. We do not know what these new rulers may have in store for the planet or for us.

For now, we plan and we wait.

The Xxcha Kingdom has annexed two planets from the Ghost of Creuss. We can only hope that the situation becomes more unstable. The Xxcha flagship sits and takes shots at any vessels that pass close enough to it.

They seem to have entered into the alliance of the Hacan and the Embers as they have only held their fire against these two aggressors.

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Personal Journal Entry VII:

The Embers of Muaat continue to solidify their control over my home world. However, they have not brought in new soldiers or built a star port. Nevertheless, their War Sun has become a second moon to us. We watch it slowly orbit, an ever-present reminder of these outsiders' hold on Mecatol Rex.

We have received word that they continue to build up their inner systems. Are shoring up their defenses against their current allies, the Emirates of Hacan or preparing for an offensive against the Ghost of Creuss?

The Hacan have pulled back from their front with the L1z1x. An L1z1x spy remains the only holdout on the wormhole planet yet the Hacan have pulled their soldiers back. What can this mean?

The Mindnet have pulled back after their recent defeats and are licking their wounds. I do not trust them to easily forget this outrage and their Star Ports are filled with newly built dreadnoughts.

The Xxcha have also pulled back, abandoning worlds that they claimed from the Ghosts. It seems that the entire galaxy is resting.

Even the Ghosts of Creuss simply build, hoping to solidify the few worlds they still control against aggression by their neighbors. Their position appears weak. Most likely a single offensive from the Embers could remove as any sort of power in the Galaxy.

They would do well to push them back to where they came from, back through the Shaleri passage.

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Personal Journal Entry VIII:

A religious fanatic has arisen amongst the Emirates of Hacan. Their people have been driven to a religious madness. The leader of these fanatics has claimed that the Emirates have been chosen by God to succeed the Lazax. Absolute rubbish but their planets swell with new soldiers, driven by religious fervor.

The skies of their empire glow with the engines of their armada. It is a thing to behold.

Their abandonment of the front with the L1z1x allowed the Mindnet to retake the system. They did not hold it for long before the sole fleet of the Ghosts of Creuss appeared through the wormhole and destroyed them. Was this the Hacan plan the whole time?

The Embers continue to build in their Star Ports but have ceased their relentless expansion. Has the Hacan-Embers alliance lost their thirst for conquest?

The Xxcha have become ever more removed from the galaxy, choosing to allow the nebula and gravity rift that border their territory to act as a natural barrier to invasion.

Syn Vel Abhar
____

Personal Journal Entry IX:

The L1z1x has marched. The have broken the Embers-Hacan advantage by building War Suns of their own and the world knows their rage. They pushed back the Emirates from Industrex, destroying their entire fleet with minimal casualties.

Instead of retaking Mecatol Rex, they flew behind the Embers' line, taking three planets and cutting Mecatol Rex off from reinforcements.

The Embers have rekindled their war against the Ghosts of Creuss but have lost their War Sun in the process. They gained two planets but nothing of any consequence.

The Xxcha also have their War Suns on the move. Both of the monstrosities are moving towards Mecatol Rex. Are they there to reinforce the Embers of Muaat or to destroy them? I fear that this may be the beginning of a new era of war in the galaxy.

The Ghosts have attacked the Emirates of Hacan, sneaking trough a wormhole to take two poorly defended planets. The Hacan struck back, retaking them and flushing the Ghosts from this sector of the galaxy. Will they be able to defend against the L1z1x and the Ghosts? I do not know.

The sky is red tonight.

Syn Vel Abhar
___

Broadcast All Frequencies

People of the Empire, lay down your arms. Your leaders have pledged allegiance to the Emirates of Hacan. Any further acts of aggression against any of the vassals of the Hacan Empire will be treated as treason.
___

Personal Journal Entry IX:

I don't know how they did it but the Emirates has organized a ceasefire among all the races. They have all pledged allegiance to the Hacan Empire.

We have watched from the shadows as the envoys arrived from each of the lesser species. One by one they all laid their arms down and joined the new Hacan Empire.

The L1z1x Mindnet looked pained at best. I wonder how long the Hacan will be able to manipulate them into cooperation.

Together, the Hacan said, they would grow rich and powerful.

Our resistance will grow with peace as well. As long as we have foreign occupiers on Mecatol Rex, pretending to the throne of Lazax, we will grow. And, when the time is right, we will strike them down.

Syn Vel Abhar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.