Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, the game comes with 24 stones in 3 different colors. The wooden board consists of 4 separate hollows carved into it. The rules, as I currently understand them are as follows:

In set-up, I'm not sure if all stones are available to both players or if the stones are equally divided between players. Maybe you could let me know how the stone are distributed at set-up.

1. A player must place 1-3 stones in only 1 of the four hollows in the board. In other words you can't distribute stones in several hollows.

2. A player is not allowed to play in a hollow that the opponent has placed stone(s)in on their previous turn.

3. Each of the four hollows of the board must always contain a different number of stones.

4. No hollow can have the same number of the same color pieces in more than one hollow. In other words, if there are three red stones in one hollow, you can't have three red stones in any other hollow.

5. There can be no more than 5 stones of a particular color in any given hollow.

*6. If your opponent makes an illegal move and you catch it, they lose the game.

7. Players continue placing stone(s) in alternating turns.

8. The person who places the last stone loses the games.

*9. The person caught without any stones left also loses the game.

*Not sure if these rules apply.

If anyone has played this game or just happens to know the rules, I'd appreciate them confirming the rules above or making any necessary corrections.

In addition if you could also confirm whether *Rules 6 & 9 apply or not.

With Great Appreciation,

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
First off, the game comes with 24 stones in 3 different colors. The wooden board consists of 4 separate hollows carved into it. The rules, as I currently understand them are as follows:

In set-up, I'm not sure if all stones are available to both players or if the stones are equally divided between players. Maybe you could let me know how the stone are distributed at set-up.

1. A player must place 1-3 stones in only 1 of the four hollows in the board. In other words you can't distribute stones in several hollows.

2. A player is not allowed to play in a hollow that the opponent has placed stone(s)in on their previous turn.

3. Each of the four hollows of the board must always contain a different number of stones.

4. No hollow can have the same number of the same color pieces in more than one hollow. In other words, if there are three red stones in one hollow, you can't have three red stones in any other hollow.

5. There can be no more than 5 stones of a particular color in any given hollow.

*6. If your opponent makes an illegal move and you catch it, they lose the game.

7. Players continue placing stone(s) in alternating turns.

8. The person who places the last stone loses the games.

*9. The person caught without any stones left also loses the game.

*Not sure if these rules apply.

If anyone has played this game or just happens to know the rules, I'd appreciate them confirming the rules above or making any necessary corrections.

In addition if you could also confirm whether *Rules 6 & 9 apply or not.

With Great Appreciation,

Arthur Reilly

After further investigations into this game, I've since found out the following, after getting my hands on the actual printed rules that come with the game.

First off, Rule#2 is incorrect. It should read that once placing stone(s) into a hollow, that same player can't play in that hollow again, until their following turn.

Rule#6 is correct but needs some additional information. If player one makes a mistake in their placement and the second player doesn't notice the error and lets the game continue, then the person who made the mistake can then point out the error on their own to the other player, and by doing so, actually win the game for themselves, in spite of the fact that they were the one made the mistake. So this opens up the possibility of trying to cheat and still win legally during a game.

Rule #9 isn't addressed in the printed rules. Perhaps it could be a variant in playing the game. If someone knows whether this rules still applies, even though it's not in the printed rules, please comment with your correction.

An interesting game with simple components and lots to think about.

This game should be more widely available.

Have fun playing.

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.