Subject: Sell me on Die Macher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guy! I'm looking at ordering the latest edition. My game clique are not convince I should order it (I think the idea of the german parliament is off putting, go figure). They want me to order Europe Engulfed or twilight struggle. I really want to order die macher, help me sell it to them. Whats it like? Whats cool and tech about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ibn_ul_khattab wrote:
Hey guy! I'm looking at ordering the latest edition. My game clique are not convince I should order it (I think the idea of the german parliament is off putting, go figure). They want me to order Europe Engulfed or twilight struggle. I really want to order die macher, help me sell it to them. Whats it like? Whats cool and tech about it?

What's it like? Read the rules at the Valley Games site. Watch the Boardgames With Scott episode where he covers Die Macher. That should give a pretty good idea of what the game is like.

But you should tell your group that playing the game is unlike any other gaming experience they've ever had. Because that will be true. It's not comparable to anything. Tell them they will be constantly involved and doing things. Emphasize the overall experience. Hype it up. Make a nice Excel spreadsheet for scorekeeping, project it on a wall, play election music when you enter the scores. That's what I'd do. Lie to them. Tell them it's a role-playing game. Where you play the role of a political party. That's what I'd do. Have treats. The winner of each state gets a cookie. The winner of the national election (grand total) gets a cake. That's what I'd do.

Twilight Struggle? How many copies of TS would you need, since it only plays two? Die Macher will be loads cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.