Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is everyone using the insert that comes with the game or has anyone come up with their own solution, be it foam core, plano box etc...

I want to try and get the setup time as low as possible and was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
Hey!

For WOTR I bought plastic compartments boxes for each SP/FP. So each player just get its box and quickly has everything he needs.

I planned to do something similar for BOFA, but luckily the insert now gives enough room to store all parts. But I used some zip loc bags to split the parts and peoples.

So now each player just has to take 'his' bags and got sorted parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking of having a bag of starting units for each player to go on the board and having the rest separated out into their own baggies.

I think once I am more familiar with how the units and recruitment tokens go out setup will be a lot quicker anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Dresser
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Yeah I've been thinking about separating starting units as well. For now I've utilized tiny plastic totes I found at Office Max (about the size of your palm). They fit in the insert too. I have one for free people tokens and dice, one for all the shadow tokens and dice, and one for fate tokens. The FP + characters and shadow + Bolg are in their own quart ziplocs. All the decks of cards are wrapped with rubber bands.

Ideally, I want to get a tiny felt or cloth draw-string bag for Fate tokens. I am not totally satisfied mixing my recruitment tokens with leadership tokens, wrath tokens, etc. I'm using tiny jewelry bags I got at the Container Store (essentially little zip-loc bags ranging from the size of your thumb to the size of your entire hand) for the neutral components like damage tokens and dice. I might start using them for some of the player tokens as well since it's still a hassle to pick through them all, particularly with mustering tokens and Beorn's wrath tokens.

warerare wrote:
I've been thinking of having a bag of starting units for each player to go on the board and having the rest separated out into their own baggies.

I think once I am more familiar with how the units and recruitment tokens go out setup will be a lot quicker anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the Ricky Royal video series on YouTube today and he had all of the tokens in a Plano box which I imagine would be set between the two players. The problem with that is having to ditch the insert which makes me shudder. I've been tempted to ditch inserts before, especially Fantasy Flight ones but have yet to go through with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.