Popular Tags: [View All]
T.J. Boisvert
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After much research here on the geek I decided my girlfriend and I would like Dungeoneer so I went ahead and picked up Den of the Wererats because thats all my FLGS had.

We played last night and the game went pretty smoothly. There were very few questions that arose during the game. I think thats mostly because I spent a lot of time reading the FAQ and the 2.2 rules before we actually played. I did that because a lot of people were saying the rules were a little confusing.

Anyways on to the game. I started out explaning the different cards and the different phases of the turn. Shes pretty smart and picked it up pretty quickly. We were on our way. The game lasted about 30 minutes, she ended up keeping me really busy with all the good monsters while I couldn't seem to draw any. She had some good map draws, 1 that gave her her quest. Then she played a card that let her move a map card giving her another easy quest completion. She coasted to victory 3-0 on the quests.

Even though I got beat pretty handily we both really liked this game and I look foward to picking up some more of the expansions and playing some bigger/longer games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KK Su
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend you try these following variant options:

1. Pre-Build the Map. This introduces a lot more strategy into your game.

2. "Fixed 3 Movement", OR "Fixed 2 Movement; Tip hero for extra Movement" rule. This eliminates the problem where higher-level heroes have too many Movement Points, thus making it too hard for lower-level heroes to catch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear, i've not played any of the sets and quite like the look of it as a mid-time filler. I've heard odd things (quests nigh-impossible to complete etc.) about mixing the sets though so look out for that a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Denmark
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reaper wrote:
Good to hear, i've not played any of the sets and quite like the look of it as a mid-time filler. I've heard odd things (quests nigh-impossible to complete etc.) about mixing the sets though so look out for that a bit.

Built in to the basic structure of the game is the ability to cycle Quests - that is trade in a Quest you don't want to draw a new Quest. This is a feature on all Entrance cards included in every set. This is often overlooked and I'm surprised when criticisms about hard Quests come up because they can always be cycled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I enjoy this game as well. I think one aspect of it is that it doesn't have downtime between the two of you, and you communicate a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.