Recommend
36 
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Orléans» Forums » News

Subject: Orléans coming to US via TMG, plus a deluxe edition! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

Back it now on Kickstarter. You can get the base edition, but there will also be a deluxe edition with metal coins and wooden discs and stickers for the workers.

$45 for the base edition, $57 for the deluxe edition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/deluxe-or...

I jumped on this one right away, but it looks like there aren't any tiers or limits.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skovatch wrote:
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

Back it now on Kickstarter. You can get the base edition, but there will also be a deluxe edition with metal coins and wooden discs and stickers for the workers.

$45 for the base edition, $57 for the deluxe edition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/deluxe-or...

I jumped on this one right away, but it looks like there aren't any tiers or limits.

There's also a $59 level where you get the Deluxe Orleans as well as a small box (Harbour sized) game by TMG developer Andy Van Zandt!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ryan
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All over this Kickstarter like a cheap suit. Perhaps the stretch goals could be more buildings. That would be stellar.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nāt
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't have come at a better time! I was beaten out of ordering the last in-stock copy from Boardgamebliss by a matter of 2 minutes and decided against pre-ordering it.

September is so far away, but it'll be worth it for the upgraded components and lower price point for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh, just when I've sworn off Kickstarter this comes along!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ttallan wrote:
Argh, just when I've sworn off Kickstarter this comes along!

It doesn't make a lot of sense to "swear off kickstarter."

That's like swearing off Sears and still buying things from Macy's - and that's not a great analogy because one might have some grievance with Sears, while the project creators on Kickstarter aren't associated with Kickstarter itself...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
FUCK

I just got my import copy!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
ttallan wrote:
Argh, just when I've sworn off Kickstarter this comes along!

It doesn't make a lot of sense to "swear off kickstarter."

That's like swearing off Sears and still buying things from Macy's - and that's not a great analogy because one might have some grievance with Sears, while the project creators on Kickstarter aren't associated with Kickstarter itself...


Nothing against the creators, it's just the notion that I can control my budget better when I spend my money on games that I can pick up from my FLGS and play right away, rather than many months in the future when they arrive.

And it's Kickstarters like this one that are reeeaaaaly testing my resolve!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." And his name is TMG.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
FUCK

I just got my import copy!


Yah! Me too! But at least we get to play the game minimum 9 months before the KS backers...would have been nice to get deluxe components though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if TMG would just get Luna on kickstarter! I'm dying for them to publish it after the great production quality of Aquasphere!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad I hadn't taken the plunge on the import yet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sprague
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yay!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Magic Pink wrote:
FUCK

I just got my import copy!


Same here, I just paid for it last Friday. Then again we get to play it 9 months ahead of time and when it finally comes out here nobody wants to play it anymore because we have all moved on to the next "greatest" game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
FUCK

I just got my import copy!


Same here, I just paid for it last Friday. Then again we get to play it 9 months ahead of time and when it finally comes out here nobody wants to play it anymore because we have all moved on to the next "greatest" game.
same with me (my order shipped from Canada this morning), but it's worth it to me to have it within a few days...and being a longtime KS backer I also know there's probably a 50/50 chance the KS edition will be closer to 12+ months (than 9) anyhow...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Boulder Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed! So glad I "missed out" on those higher priced regular import editions!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Just thinking about the future, it seems like this game is pretty popular, when/if there are expansions, will TMG be selling deluxe versions of those or some kind of upgrade pack? I know the game will still be playable with the cardboard chits, but was just kind of thinking out loud.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
FUCK

I just got my import copy!


Same here, I just paid for it last Friday. Then again we get to play it 9 months ahead of time and when it finally comes out here nobody wants to play it anymore because we have all moved on to the next "greatest" game.


Yup. It's showing up around the same time Essen 2015 will be taking place, most likely after the event. While I'm glad others will have the opportunity to play this great game, it will be arriving when everyone will be drooling over the next big thing...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
skovatch wrote:
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

How could they list those three nations, and miss out Great Britain?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed. Sigh. Rahdo, this is all your fault.

(Well, and TMG. I guess this is all your fault, too!)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

How could they list those three nations, and miss out Great Britain?


From the Kickstarter 'story':

Quote:
Why USA / Canada / Australia Only?

The nature of our agreement with game publisher DLP and the designer Reiner Stockhausen is such that we are only able to sell in the USA, Canada, and Australia on Kickstarter.

Once this Kickstarter is over, then we will only be able to sell in the USA and Canada.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
skovatch wrote:
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

How could they list those three nations, and miss out Great Britain?


I guess because those nations are not Great. If it is any consolation the KS is not available to New Zealand either.

If you really want the game (albeit without extras but certainly sooner) then Amazon.de might be a good option to the UK. With freight and everything it is probably a bit dear to NZ, but should not be too bad to the UK.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
skovatch wrote:
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

How could they list those three nations, and miss out Great Britain?


I guess because those nations are not Great. If it is any consolation the KS is not available to New Zealand either.

If you really want the game (albeit without extras but certainly sooner) then Amazon.de might be a good option to the UK. With freight and everything it is probably a bit dear to NZ, but should not be too bad to the UK.

Thanks. I ordered the game from Germany about 2 hours before I saw news of the kickstarter.
No regrets, but it'd be nice to obtain somehow, a set of the deluxe add-ons (coins, discs, stickers etc).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
skovatch wrote:
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

How could they list those three nations, and miss out Great Britain?


I guess because those nations are not Great. If it is any consolation the KS is not available to New Zealand either.

If you really want the game (albeit without extras but certainly sooner) then Amazon.de might be a good option to the UK. With freight and everything it is probably a bit dear to NZ, but should not be too bad to the UK.

Thanks. I ordered the game from Germany about 2 hours before I saw news of the kickstarter.
No regrets, but it'd be nice to obtain somehow, a set of the deluxe add-ons (coins, discs, stickers etc).


I would not be at all surprised to see DLP Games release some sort of deluxe add-on package at some point after the Kickstarter campaign ends. There seems to be a lot of support for this game, and I can't see them shying away from making a bit of extra money from people who want to upgrade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
skovatch wrote:
Great news!!! TMG is bringing this game to the US, Canada and Australia!

How could they list those three nations, and miss out Great Britain?


I guess because those nations are not Great. If it is any consolation the KS is not available to New Zealand either.

If you really want the game (albeit without extras but certainly sooner) then Amazon.de might be a good option to the UK. With freight and everything it is probably a bit dear to NZ, but should not be too bad to the UK.

Thanks. I ordered the game from Germany about 2 hours before I saw news of the kickstarter.
No regrets, but it'd be nice to obtain somehow, a set of the deluxe add-ons (coins, discs, stickers etc).


I would not be at all surprised to see DLP Games release some sort of deluxe add-on package at some point after the Kickstarter campaign ends. There seems to be a lot of support for this game, and I can't see them shying away from making a bit of extra money from people who want to upgrade.


They already said on the KS that it's highly unlikely they will do that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.