Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When adding images to a game entry you can "view" the image after uploading and add a version link. It would be sweet if you could also propose that the image should be the representative image.

I'd bet that there are hundreds of games that have images, but have no representative image because the representative image must be proposed after the image is accepted.

For the link submission created from the view option, the image must be accepted first, but then the link submission is automagically swizzled into the geeek mod queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
herace wrote:
For the link submission created from the view option, the image must be accepted first
This part isn't true. I've frequently had version links approved long before the image itself was approved.

As for your suggestion itself, I'd definitely be in favour, though the user interface would still need to provide a bit of a hurdle, or it'd run the risk of endless unwanted representative image proposals from new submitters. And so in the end it probably wouldn't make much of a positive difference either...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a better idea might be to automatically assign the first image accepted as the representative image (assuming it's designated Game rather than People or Creative). If there were a tickbox for 'use as representative image', I'm sure some people would check it for every picture they upload. Revolving door changes of representative images would make many unhappy; GeekModding already produces enough controversy without adding that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
herace wrote:
For the link submission created from the view option, the image must be accepted first
This part isn't true. I've frequently had version links approved long before the image itself was approved.

Thanks for the correction.

a_traveler wrote:
As for your suggestion itself, I'd definitely be in favour, though the user interface would still need to provide a bit of a hurdle, or it'd run the risk of endless unwanted representative image proposals from new submitters. And so in the end it probably wouldn't make much of a positive difference either...

Doubt that many "new" users would know how to do this. Adding the version link to the pending image is one of the hidden "advanced feeeeatures" at BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.