Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Railways of the World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Railroad Operations card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Neugebauer
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
1. Can players pick more then one operations card in a turn. (say for example pick 3 cards during there 3 action choices instead of say building track, or moving cubes, etc..)
2. Are those cards repleneshed as they are taken or do we add only one card from the top of the deck after taking money and paying dividends.
3. Do we shuffle the discards back into the deck for future use or are the discarded cards out of the game.
thanks for the help
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, a player can pick up action cards on two (or even three) separate turns in one round.

2. No, the cards are only replenished at the beginning of the round(with one extra card regardless of how many or how few were taken.)

3. I don't think they'd be shuffled back into the deck as that would leave a lot of pre-done connection bonuses. I've never had a game run out of Operations cards anyway. That would require a *lot* of rounds!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
viking21crn wrote:
1. Can players pick more then one operations card in a turn. (say for example pick 3 cards during there 3 action choices instead of say building track, or moving cubes, etc..)

Yes. You can take a card, if one is available, on any action.

Quote:
2. Are those cards repleneshed as they are taken or do we add only one card from the top of the deck after taking money and paying dividends.


You draw a single new card after receiving income and paying dividends, and before starting the auction for the next turn. Over time, fewer and fewer cards will be available, because often more than one will be taken per Turn (capital-T Turn, in which everybody gets three actions) but only one will be added.

Quote:
3. Do we shuffle the discards back into the deck for future use or are the discarded cards out of the game.


They're out of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While we're on the subject, am I right in understanding that the 'Speed Record' bonus can be a three link delivery using other players' track, as long as you own the first link?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin C wrote:
While we're on the subject, am I right in understanding that the 'Speed Record' bonus can be a three link delivery using other players' track, as long as you own the first link?


Yes, that has been the usuall way to take it in our group recently. An advantage of not being alone in an area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin C wrote:
While we're on the subject, am I right in understanding that the 'Speed Record' bonus can be a three link delivery using other players' track, as long as you own the first link?


You are correct, sir. It's almost always accomplished that way around here.

It's also the first delivery of AT LEAST three links. It could be longer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.