Popular Tags: [View All]
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When completing a tower of a certain color that is one story higher than the previous tower of that color, do you look at all towers on the board or just yours?

Example. Player 'A' has a one story blue tower. Can player 'B' also do a one story blue tower or is she/he forced to only do a blue tower of two stories.

My wife and I would play the above example as player 'B' can only have a two story blue tower (or 1 more than the highest on the board of that color). Just wanted to make sure that was the correct interpretation.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to look at all of the completed towers for all of the players. So if your opponent has completed a blue clocktower that is one story, you need to complete one that is exactly two stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jolly Roger rules seem pretty ambiguous on the point, but I think it's more fun when you can screw with each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
The Jolly Roger rules seem pretty ambiguous on the point, but I think it's more fun when you can screw with each player.

What do the Jolly Roger rules say? The rules I've read make it clear that the right rule is as Steve said above, all towers on the table must be unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
What do the Jolly Roger rules say? The rules I've read make it clear that the right rule is as Steve said above, all towers on the table must be unique.

I just checked my rules, cuz I'd never had a question on this point. Here they are:
in the Jolly Roger Rules it is wrote:
The first completed Clocktower in a color must be one or two Stories High. The second completed Clocktower of that color must be exactly one Story higher than the first. The third must be exactly one Story higher than the second, and so on.
I took it to mean that you look at all Clocktowers in play to determine height, since it does not specifically say just look at your own towers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
But the way the rules are written it appears as if it's from a player's perspective, so I took it to mean in your tableaux. But I do think it's a better game when you can screw others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
But the way the rules are written it appears as if it's from a player's perspective, so I took it to mean in your tableaux. But I do think it's a better game when you can screw others.

Yup... I guess I can see that, though I never even thought of it that way until you mentioned it.
The few times I've played, we always took everyone's towers into account for height, and I don't imagine we'll play it any differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.