United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I have decided upon some conditions for an early Naboo forces victory:

If the Naboo player destroys all three MTTs, and every battle droid and destroyer droid in the entire game, they score an immediate victory.

The victory conditions in the rules state that Anakin must destroy the droid control ship. However, the overall effect of destroying the ship is the shutdown of all droid units, leaving only Darth Maul. Darth Maul can then try to cut down naboo guards so that three do not enter the throne room.

Even so, if the Naboo player destroys all MTTs and all battle/destroyer droids, it is essentially the same as destroying the ship. NOTE: That the Trade federation may still have tanks activated, but they can do nothing to affect the tide of the palace battle.

And, even if Darth Maul is still alive, this early victory is just so damn hard to do that we agreed to just call it an immediate victory for Naboo.

In case you're wondering, this happened to me once. The Gungans destroyed all my MTTs, then bombed my remaining battle droid groups with their remaining catapault. After I lost my last droid from the palace, I noticed that all I had was two tanks. Anakin was three spaces away, but we called it game, even though darthmaul just slew the 2nd jedi. So it CAN HAPPEN.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a game where all the droids were wiped out but Maul was able to kill everyone anyways. Rare, but it can happen.

I don't think a special rule needs to be made for when it is appropriate to call a game. It seems that the players can easily make that decision themselves when it appears necessary.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, 1st, re-read the paragraph called "The final Space" on page 12 of the rule book (lower right corner). The Tanks are listed as droids. Also, the Naboo playwer must still achieve a majority in the throne room anyway. Besides, anakin still has to reah the control ship as it still a requirement (I guess it still has droids although they do not/ can not appear in the game). If you have all the droids in the game gone, ledge move and win anyway. Even if Maul is alive, you just need to beat him there.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.