Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Just wanted to ask around for some opinions:

I saw Formula Dé at a local FLGS for ~$45 or $50 and I know the reprint is coming - is it worth getting now or waiting? I've checked the Formula Dé page and the Asmodée site and I don't see many details re: dates or what the new version looks like.

Also - I know of another FLGS that has Acquire for $80 (CAN) - worth getting? Or better deals through EBay? It's the Avalon Hill version.

Thanks!

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, it's a lousy price for Acquire, and an okay price for Formula De

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acquire's a terrific game, but that's a bit high on the price. Keep looking for that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Newell
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Formula Dé CAN$45 & Acquire (AH) for CAN$80 worth buying
That looks like a pretty good price for Formula De. I'd be surprised if it was any cheaper than that after it's reprinted.

That looks like a pretty crappy price for Acquire. I'd check ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Formula Dé CAN$45 & Acquire (AH) for CAN$80 worth buying
I'd definiately wait for the reprint of Formula De. Acquire however, I feel is a decent game. Doing the conversion, it's about $70 US and I've seen them go for as much as $95 on ebay recently (the lastest Hasbro version anyway...). Granted... it may be a phase in that a lot of people want it right now, but the $70 is a pretty good price in the current market. If you want a very similar game that I feel is a little bit better, try Union Pacific. Although it's also OOP right now, I think it goes for a little less and I also heard that it is being reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a fair price for Acquire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's only a fair price for Acquire if you have to have the AH overlarge, overproduced version that's currently selling at collector's prices. if on the other hand you just want to play Acquire, then you can often find tham at thrift stores, and if not there, on Ebay for between $20 and $40 US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.