Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay, there are no Morning Street Machers, but it seemed like a good name for a group of people who came together at a house on Morning Street for a game of Die Macher.
Present at Mark's dwelling were Mark, Lynne, Scott, Jeff, and Josh (me). It's entirely possible that I've misspelled either Scott or Jeff's name, but really, I can't be off more than a letter or two for either of 'em.
None of us had played prior to getting together, and though I was not known to the other players, I have been sort of public lately about the fact that I recently bought the game, so that warranted my invitation. Time constraints were understood by all to be 1:00p.m.-5:45 at the absolute outside, and as it happened, only a couple of us were a little late, and we utilized almost that entire block of time. Almost needless to say, even though 80 percent of us had pre-read the rules, and in the case of at least Mark and myself, done extensive cross-checking and printing of various translations and FAQs, we didn't get close to finishing the game. It was quite clear at about 5:00pm. that we would not get past the fourth regional election, but I think the key here is that everybody got a very good feel for how the game flows. For me the highlight of the game was the first election (ouch, getting the highlight in the first 15 minutes 4.5 hours sort of sucks!) when Lynne and I were victors as a coalition and got our media markers on the very valuable 25 point slots. Jeff very dramatically managed to convert his second region party markers into 48 votes through very efficient use of the startup phase and the party meeting placement phases(s). I sense that we all needed to be playing a bit more Shadow Cabinet "wreck your opponent" actions. In any event, we went through a final scoring after the fourth election, for the heck of it, and though I was extremely dominant on the national party membership track, I only came in third, due to the just generically better play in every other area by everybody else. For the record, Lynne won with a score I can't recall, followed I believe by Mark, then me, and then because I really didn't bother to track their positions at the end at all, Jeff and Scott in some order. Scott DOMINATED the fourth election, and Jeff certainly rolled over people in the second, but really, who cares, we were all just trying to learn the game, and we all agreed it would be easier by far, next time. I hope that time comes soon, these were a great bunch of gamers that I was privileged to meet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.