United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys are nuts.

That being said, a few weeks ago I found a shrinkwrapped Simply Cosmic at a thrift store, and bought it for $3.25. Put it up on the marketplace for $20, and it sold the next day. Who did it sell to? This guy. So I'm pretty sure he will mark it up about 600% as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is it out of print perhaps? Weird.
I bought a new game just a few months ago.
It's still untouched... maybe I have to sell it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that their prices are ALWAYS pretty much double or higher than the market price (in this case, more like 3x). I think their business model must just be buying games that other sellers have listed for cheap, and reselling them at ridiculous prices, although I highly doubt that they actually sell anything at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently that's not the wildest pricing this outfit can boast. "Trolling" for "Toads" indeed! I wonder how many they uncover? This is one of the more egregious examples of market exploitation I've seen, but I say that probably because I have no idea how bad it's getting out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
Apparently that's not the wildest pricing this outfit can boast. "Trolling" for "Toads" indeed! I wonder how many they uncover? This is one of the more egregious examples of market exploitation I've seen, but I say that probably because I have no idea how bad it's getting out there...

My guess is that they're not exploiting the market very much. I've been tracking a few of their items, waiting for them to get sold...and they never do; they just sit there until they expire, and then get relisted. Poking through their feedback, I've only found one of their OOP games sold to someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Barnard
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
All aboard the 'B' Ark! Priority boarding for bankers and HR staff!
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
That's so cheap, I may even fly over to pick it up when I win it.

With a quoted shipping charge of $51.29 to the UK you won't need too many great deals like this to make it worth your while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
alfredhw wrote:
My guess is that they're not exploiting the market very much. I've been tracking a few of their items, waiting for them to get sold...and they never do; they just sit there until they expire, and then get relisted. Poking through their feedback, I've only found one of their OOP games sold to someone.

Well, perhaps my faith in folk's common sense can be restored here somewhat, but it still begs the question: What are they thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.