Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, we were ready for a great game of Risk 2210 - turning into one of our favorite games. Joey pleaded for random placement, and we finally agreed - my only stipulation that we try a house rule were we could initially place on the moon and seas.

The random placement put us all over the board, with the only person having a real chance for a continent being Joey with most of Africa. We put reinforcements all over, with Sam concentrating on Asia, me on the moon and Europe, Joey on Africa, and Ryan in Australia. Everyone ignored the Americas. First turn, Sam and I agreed to a one turn truce. He wanted longer, but he's won the last 3 games of Risk, so I wanted to make sure he didn't this game. He took most of Asia, while Ryan conqured Australia. Joey took Africa, and I captured the moon and Europe. On the second turn, Sam took Ryan to the brink of extinction, with Joey helping him. Joey took a lot of small territories from me, but did not do enough to keep me from amassing a large army. I then attacked Sam, and took almost all Asia, and a lot of North America. I was a clear leader this round, so Joey and Sam made a peace pact.

The following turn, Sam took back a lot of my territory, but not enough. Joey's peace treaty with Sam ruined his chances to attack me, as Sam's forces blocked all his exits. Ryan started to make a slow comeback, as everyone was ignoring him. Fortunately for me, we had agreed to stop the game at midnight (finishing a turn, of course.) So the game ended on the fourth turn. I took as many territories as I could, as did Ryan - but he couldn't take enough to stop me from having an overwhelming victory. Would I have won if the game had gone the full 5 turns? It's quite possible, but a lot can happen in the space of a turn. Joey doesn't like the 5 turn rule - but I really do, as it keeps games from dragging on and on.

A fun game, especially as it was the first game I have won in weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.