Monopoly: Pokémon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Missing Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxine D
msg tools
mb
blush

Errrm, bit embarassed to ask, but I bought a couple of these today from thrift shops, thinking I HAD checked them, only to get home and discover that neither game has the rules

The games are both Pokemon Monopoly but different versions, ones the usual blue box, nothing special 'collectors' edition by Waddingtons, the other is a red box 'gold and silver' 'collectors' edition by Parker Games.

Could any of you nice geeks out there help me with the instructions please.

Luv ya xx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules are the same as normal Monopoly, though the labels on the spaces may be different: this is true of 99% of Monopoly editions.

If you don't have/know normal Monopoly rules we could help you out with those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxine D
msg tools
mb
Yes please Philip, can't remember how much money is doshed out at the beginning. Many thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1500 units of currency. However, this may vary depending on edition, with all the prices altered to match the new value. On the 'Go' square, it should say 'x' for passing 'Go'. In normal Monopoly x=200. If your figure on the 'Go' square is, say, 100, then the starting money will be 750. If your figure is 2000 then the starting figure will be 15,000:

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxine D
msg tools
mb
Yes, that's great. Many thanks Philip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Monopoly_Pokemon.PDF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxine D
msg tools
mb
Woot, yay, thanks Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dede Kurnia Kardiman
Indonesia
Batam
Kepulauan Riau
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game from a used market, and also miss the rules ... Thanks for the link Richard, just downloaded it ... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
poof daddy

California
msg tools
nice I always remember this game because of the double power ups 12 is especially awesome battling for control of someones property.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T D
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Philip Thomas wrote:
the rules are the same as normal Monopoly, though the labels on the spaces may be different: this is true of 99% of Monopoly editions.

Pokemon Monopoly has optional "Poke-Powers" which can be used in lieu of repeating a turn when doubles are rolled. Most notably, Double-1 lets you move to any space (including an available property) and Double-6 gives you a chance to steal another player's property. They are minor gimmicks, but they make the game a little more interesting than vanilla Monopoly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Coleman
msg tools
Thanks. I gave this info to my kids to play the Board Game because we misplaced the rules with the monetary amounts. However the PDF here is the dice game, and we have the Pokemon Monopoly Board Game "Kanto Edition" with a foldout board and not the dice game. I think I remember the monetary distribution as different than the normal Monopoly rules, but this worked to get them started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.