United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out geeklist:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/16386

surprise
I am trying to get a pretty comprehensive list of all the boardgame podcasts out there. Let me know what you think! Also geekmail me with any that I have missed, I know I already have a few more that I need to add.
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a very useful geeklist! You may want to check out my recent efforts at compiling all of the podcasts as well:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/128015

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ostrander
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice thread! I picked up another podcast from it, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slusher
United States
Myrtle Beach
SC
flag msg tools
Hey, I was a fan of the late Geek Speak / Board Games Geek Speak / whatever the hell it was at the end. The boys seldom if ever get credit for being podcast pioneers but they were right there in the early days, mixing it up. I found out about them when we were talking about procedures in the early days when no one knew what the hell they were doing in podcasts. I'm pretty sure that the early Geek Speak was the first show to get 1000 listeners. I remember being amazed at their subscriber numbers back when I was pleasantly surprised at having 100.

The funny thing is, I don't really play any of the games but I still liked to hear the shows. I was just searching for discussion of the end of the show when I found this thread and I signed up just to reply. My own gaming days kind of hit the wall with Ace of Aces in 1981. I bought my brother a copy on eBay so we could play via IM but we've never actually gotten around to it.

If I can plug my own venture, I built the collaborative filter for podcasts and vlogs called AmigoFish - http://www.amigofish.com/ . It's useful for exactly the kind of podcast discovery y'all are talking about. I went through Josh's list and made sure everything was submitted to the directory (about 2/3 of them were already there.) BTW, thanks for including the RSS feeds right there and not making me and everyone else hunt them down!

If a BGG members rate things in there, you find things for yourself but you also help create networks for other gamers to discover things so that if people rate, say, BGGS and Dice Tower and Vintage Gamer, they get the other stuff recommended. I personally skew the network because I like Aldie and Derk but mostly from the force of their personalities, so most of the other shows aren't rated highly by me (the ones I have listened to.)

Thanks. I'm sad to no longer hear Aldie's melifluous tones saying "Hello, everybuuuuuudy" to me. Maybe I can talk him into phoning me up and leaving it on my answering machine now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Cappelleri
China
Shanghai
China
flag msg tools
designer
the free/open boardgame community in TURIN (Italy)
badge
mb

Hi, I just would like to introduce the first Italian web radio transmission "Frequenza Ludica", that talk about boardgames ... Sorry if isn't in english but here is really appreciated since September 2006, every month.

http://www.improntadigitale.org/Trasmissioni/Frequenza_ludic...

You can find old episodes in "Archivio puntate".

You can listen about fairs & conventions reports, authors, boardgames reviews and music.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

ciao
TinuZ cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.