United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about the dice, and came to a conclusion.

the one gray dice attack for battledroids, gungans, and palace guards represent a single laser blast, or a single energy ball being thrown.

For Kadu, the single red die represents their electropole's ability to do extra damage to a droid. The single red die attack for the theed palace heroes (panaka and the two queens) represents their generally higher ability than the palace guards.

Destroyer droids have two arms with lasers, and each arm has two lasers on it. This is why they roll two red dice (for a total possible hit of 4).

For tanks and the catapault, the red dice represent direct damage from the blast, and the gray represents splash damage. A tank blast is one die of each stronger. MTTs roll two gray dice, representing two small laser cannons in the front for anti-infantry purposes.

Now, for defense die, in general, the gold die represents armor, and the blue dice represent dodging potential or shields.
The Kadu are very swift, so they get one blue dodge attempt.
All theed heroes get a dodge roll.
The destroyer droids have a powerful shield, representing their 2 blue dice defense. Sometimes, I allow the destroyers a defense die even against a riposite, since thir defense are shields, not just a dodge attempt.
Catapaults and tanks roll the gold die for defense (due to armor).
Famba generators roll one gold die (for the fambaa's armor), plue one blue die, representing a weak shield effect on the unit from the generator.
MTTs, unfortunately, only roll one blue die in defense, represening only a weak shielding. Doesn't make much sense, but rules is rules I guess. Sometimes, my friends and I replace the blue with gold, representing armor.

The exception to this theme are the jedi. The green die represents their force sense, and thus their ability to either dodge/parry attacks or riposite. The two Jedi get a blue die in addition, representing a single lightsaber, and Darth Maul gets the gold die, representing his double-sided lightsaber. They get three red dice because jedi do a lot of damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bungeeboy wrote:
They get three red dice because jedi do a lot of damage.

A very nice, well-written examination of the reasoning behind what dice are rolled and what they represent.

And then, basically, "And the Jedi are just awesome"

Very nice artcile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.