Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marion Jensen
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first two times I played this game, I won after the second round. Do games normally go that quick?

In both games I was lucky enough to have the first three cards out of the five. Then in my hand I had a rotate a land tile 180 degrees. So I played the three cards, and moved my raven three. Then put both remaining cards into my auilliary pile. Then drew five more and let my son play. Then I played from my auxilliary pile to flip a land tile (that made three of the same tiles in a row). Played one land card to move one, a second land tile to move three (jumpting over all three of the same kind), then the remaining auxilliary to move again, and finally the last card from my hand.

We only played five or so games, but they always were done by the third turn, and that seems a bit short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firemeboy wrote:
So I played the three cards, and moved my raven three. Then put both remaining cards into my auilliary pile.

Moving a card from your hand to your auxiliary stack counts as one of your three "hand" actions.

So you took two more actions than you were allowed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Paul.

As a result of playing the three standard cards and two cards to the auxiliary pile you got to play 2 more actions on Turn 1, and you got to pick up five cards (rather than only 3).

Playing an action or two to place cards in the auxiliary pile is certainly not wasted moves, though. As you saw in Turn 2, once you have auxiliary cards, you can play up to 3 cards from that pile as well as three from your hand!! Don't forget the order though, as you can only play from the top of the auxiliary pile.

Enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.