Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Towerwood
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've uploaded my own version of the AoN manual. The rules are the ones of Renaud's living manual v1.25, but are differently formatted:

1) I tried to be more concise,
2) I put the rules in a Question/Answer format,
3) I regrouped some of the rules,
4) I reformulated the parts that I found confusing,
5) I tried to answer clearly some of the recurring questions on BGG (for example, about neutrality)

It's not that I don't appreciate the living rules. In fact, I find the support that Renaud Verlaque gives on the AoN forum just great! But nevertheless, everytime I pulled AoN of the shelf, it took me too long to reread the living rules. And during a game, I often found myself flipping back and forth in the manual trying to get a complete answer to a particular question. This stalls the game too much. So I decided to reformat the rules myself...

I guess, in the end, a manual is just a matter of taste, but now that I made the effort to reformat the original manual to my taste, I thought I might as well offer it to anyone who may find it useful. Once the new rules appear, I plan to update my own manual as well.

Cheers,
Z.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mullin
United States
Budd Lake
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your document is a big improvement over the living rules for both learning the game and for quick reference. Likewise, I'm not bashing the living rules, but I have experienced the same re-learning curve each time I want to play this game.

Age of Napoleon really needed this. Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.