Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was just reading the review by Tom Vasel and the negative comentary he received from the designer of this game.

I have a comment for the designer, it really isn't a very good position to take by slandering a well respected game reviewer on this board game website, also looks to me that a lot of the "hardcore" board game fans really aren't diggin' your game.

I was hopefully looking for a decent football board game, but after what was just pulled don't really feel like supporting this type of behavior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fanboy laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
I was hopefully looking for a decent football board game, but after what was just pulled don't really feel like supporting this type of behavior.

I don't think your 1 rating is helpful though - you should remove it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
W0tever wrote:
jjloc wrote:

I don't think your 1 rating is helpful though - you should remove it

Just trying to lower the rating of 5 it currently has on this website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mosse Stenström
Finland
Porvoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the interview on the latest the Spiel I was interested in this game, but the designers' comment on Tom Vasel's review; "Big Sunday is made and assembled in the USA for Americans" turned my head around...

I know when my money is not wanted, and take it elsewhere... Being that I'm not American...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Parra
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this old... But I came across this looking for a good football game to pick up. After reading the designer's comments, I've decided to purchase both Pizza Box AND Card Football. Thanks Big Sunday for making my decision easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tweedy McGee
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yeah, it's weird behavior, to be sure. Check out the "reviews" on retail sights. You'll find one or two that are obviously made by the Game Maker.

Plus, the quality of the game -- pieces and gameplay -- do not warrant its high price. I was amazed at how little I got for 45 bucks, when so many great, tactile-heavy games are out there for that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.