Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let other geeks know what a consistent pleasure it has been doing business with this brick and mortar store via the BGG marketplace and over the phone. I know there are bigger retailers out there, and I have ordered from them, but I am getting consistently better service, excellent communication, solid packing, and REALLY FAIR PRICES from Karl Kammerer at The Games Keep. For all the stories I hear about other stores (and their demises), you should check out this FLGS that is doing it RIGHT. His BGG handle is gameskeepllc.

And no, he didn't ask for this.

Wish I lived in PA, but next time I'm passing through, I'm stopping by.
Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
He is a good person and the store is an excellent one. Well, the old store was a hole in the wall, but his stock was amazing and he more than made up for the physical space with his customer-centric attitude, knowledge and general politeness. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen the new store yet, and it's been open just over a month. Sorry Karl! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my FLGS and it's a *great* shop. This is everything you could ask for in an FLGS. One of these days I'll make it in there for game night (with the new gaming space and all). If you live anywhere near Philly/King of Prussia/West Chester/Northern Delaware you should make it a point to stop by. Make it day, West Chester has some cool things to do and great places to eat/drink.

Karl, I hope you're making out and will be in business for a long time to come. Hopefully you're getting those West Chester University (like 2 blocks away now) kids hooked and making a fortune

See you soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm, West Chester eh? My in-laws live in Coatesville and I'm going to be up there for a week this Christmas. devil

Might have to drop by and visit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karl is an awesome seller and trader. Big thumbs up, three positive transactions, he's a super-nice guy to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to bust out the google maps and see how far the place is from here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Dill
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definetly worth the stop...Found it a few months ago...great selection of games (board or card) as well as something for the kids. The owner's a pretty cool dude too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My sister in law is going to be moving to the Philly area soon and both her and her husband enjoy gaming as well as me and my wife. Will check this place out over the summer hopefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, you can't beat this place. Karl seems to have everything in stock, his prices are highly competitive with mail-order houses due to no shipping cost (even including PA sales tax) -- and he even gets some items in before they do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kaun
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a business trip to New Jersey I made a point of stopping here.., and man, am I glad I did. Amazing selection and customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shouldnt this be posted in discussing retailers ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
shouldnt this be posted in discussing retailers ?

Did that exist in 2006?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it fascinating that the thread started and had a couple responses and then sat dormant for one and a half year. Then it got resurrected for a single comment and sat dormant for almost two months. Then it got resurrected AGAIN for a couple comments and sat dormant for almost two years. Then it got resurrected AGAIN again and sat dormant for four and a half years. THEN it got resurrected this last time for a couple comments.

You have to respect a thread that has so many comebacks in it, yet only has a small amount of comments.

It just goes to show how awesome Games Keep is (it truly is). The Chinese food place near it? Not as good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Schneider
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Keep is by far the best gaming store I have visited. Most game stores I have been cater to miniature games or MTG, this store puts board games first. I live about 45 minutes away and purchase most of my games there. The store is well kept, the selection is great and Karl is the best. I can't recommend this store enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.