Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Wißmath
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the Dark Tiles, what happens if the last tile is drawn from the bag in Mordor, but neither the last event is encountered nor the last step on the main (travel) action line is reached by the end of the active player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Though theoretically possible, I've never seen it occur on ANY board, much less Mordor. If you've taken more than a four or five hobbit turns on Mordor you're likely lost anyway, so I'm inclined to consider this rare occurance a loss too. You weren't corrupted...you just passed out and couldn't make it.

Pick up the pace, hobbits!

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Wißmath
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did actually happen in a game I recently played, but we were in Shelob's Lair. I then thought of course, "what would happen if..."

Considering this a loss wouldn't really be consistent with its occurence on other boards, where the adventure simply ends at the end of the active player's turn, and the game progresses with no penal consequence. So it's always a much better end to any adventure than when the last event is encountered. In other words, it's always a good thing; like a relief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true. I was initially concerned about the possibility of gaming the system, but thinking more about it I believe it would be much harder to finish the board by running out of tiles, even if you were preparing for it in advance somehow.

I would still think that the ring should to be placed in the center and the black square activated for each hobbit in turn until one survives to win the game.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Wißmath
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was thinking too, like an automatic "straight to Mt. Doom", with play resuming normally for destruction of the One Ring. I think it would be appropriately thematic if one sees it as some sort of deus ex machina or eucatastrophe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beckey
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually covered in the rulebook on page 8. The Scenario ends after the current turn. In Mordor this means game over. Score your endgame position as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.