Popular Tags: [View All]
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:
Bread and Games: With the help of this card you can increase the attractiveness of your city by placing one of your
colored citizen figures in a building [the Dutch rules state you have to put in on the curve symbol]. This figure brings in one additional attractiveness point, the type being dependent on the building in which you placed the figure. For the Hospital, one has to choose to either increase Education or Health value.
and
If you play a further "bread and games"card, you may add the figures to figures already placed.

Questions:
1. For a single action, do all colored citizens need to be placed on the same building? I assume yes
2. Obviously you can place more than 1 colored citizen on a building.
So you can place 3 coloured citizens on a Fountain increasing the building's value from 1 + 3 to 4?
Or is there a limitation on the number of colored citizens one can put on a building?
- as a Fountain has only 1 curve symbol, you can only put one citizen on the curve and hence only one additional value can be generated?
- or you put the colored citizen on the building [so not necessarily on the curve] and hence the only limit is the number of colored citizen which is 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we've always played is that

1) For a single action, all coloured citizens go on the same building and in the case of a hospital you have to choose either health or education at this point. I think this is why it says arch (curve) rather than building - otherwise it would be ambiguous for the hospital.

and

2) There are no other restrictions, so you can put as many as you like on one building over the course of a round, so a Fountain could potentially end up worth 4 points, if you were that desperate to increase your health rating in that city. The English rules are clear on this: "If a player plays another 'Bread and Circuses' card he may add coloured citizens to this building" - or any other building in any city, including the same city. Don't forget the coloured citizens only last till the end of that year and then go back to the supply, so it's not likely to build up very much anyway.

Great game, though needs a slight tweak for 2 players in my opinion to ensure the card display doesn't get stuck (we just discard the end one after each turn).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
The way we've always played is that

1) For a single action, all coloured citizens go on the same building and in the case of a hospital you have to choose either health or education at this point. I think this is why it says arch (curve) rather than building - otherwise it would be ambiguous for the hospital.

I'm not sure about this interpretation.

Check this forum: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/136808

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Answered here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1345842

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.