Subject: Is it possible to exhaust the Building Deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It needs 57 turns (56 if you end the game as soon as the last Building Card is drawn rather than at the end of the current turn), but you always run out of cards in hand sooner than that (54, 51, 56, 55, 48 turns with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 players).
So, why there's such a rule to end the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Teague
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's there because the playtesters kept losing cards from the Building Deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was wondering the exact same thing. It seems impossible. I imagine that at one point the number of cards in the building deck more closely matched the number of possible turns due to production cards, but that some were added in during the playtesting process without rewriting that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm.... as a thought, what if players had the opportunity to buy more than one building card at a time? Maybe the deck could be exhausted if this were allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wrote to author Mike Selinker and he says he hasn't looked at the game in a long time, and that it is entirely possible that changes made to the game after the fact may have eliminated the possibility of the Building deck running out. I suggest the inclusion of my variant listed above, that players may build more than one building if they can afford it. It gives a new tension to feeding the Goth, as it is possible to get a lot of resources from picking up the tributes but it would be the next player who gets first pick of the buildings on the layout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.