Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
"Is that right? Because it seems illogical to me."

To some extent, yes . . . and, if my mind actually travels back that far, this mechanic was a compromise from an original set of mechanics that required some rather tortuous mathematical comoutations. The solution is, when forming two armies from one, as in your example, make sure the resptvie numbers are such (if possible) to get the best Elite rating (by dumping the "greenies" into one army . . . ) Not quiet sure under what conditions, in an actual game, you would get to have a 5 Army and a 1 for the same player . . . but anything is possible.

And your version of the LOC rule is better worded . . . as i think we did on Consimworld.

And for those not familiar with Pat, he did some great visuals for the playtest version of ALEXANDER . . . some of whichwe should have stolen.

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
"This is one nice-looking game, especially Mark Mahaffey's map."

Wait'll you see what he's doing for the new BLACKBEARD!

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not a fan of the map personally. A few things stood out on first inspection, I feel it looks a little rushed.

1) My biggest gripe is with the borders between provinces, they look like they were created free-hand with the airbrush tool from PaintShop Pro. Ugly! Compare to the Pax Romana Map. It looks much, much cleaner because no freehand work was done. The lines between provinces were created with a proper curve tool using vector drawing software such as Corel Draw.

2) A border/frame a-la Pax Romana would have made it cleaner and more professional looking, I like the Pax map a whole lot more.

3) Some of the Province names are hard to read against the darker background in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.