Popular Tags: geekmod [+] [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howzabout just approving what you think should be approved and disapproving what you think shouldn't be approved and not getting all worked up about what everyone else thinks or is doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
That sounds boring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
Howzabout just approving what you think should be approved and disapproving what you think shouldn't be approved and not getting all worked up about what everyone else thinks or is doing?

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:

I think most of us would if it weren't for that Damocle's sword that if we guess wrong on the consensus too often, we get barred. That's why we keep trying to figure out what in God's name everyone else was thinking when they approve that stupid pic, or decline that wargame review because it's a wargame...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds entirely reasonable. Most of the time that's what happens.

Just every now and then, people get worked up about something. For me, yesterday, it was a growing page of alternate lines of red and green script. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly agree, I don't see why people are so worried that they're going to be barred from GeekMod by getting it "wrong" too often. I'm sure that won't happen unless you are wrong way more often than anyone who actually pays attenion is. I have a feeling that was simply said to keep anyone from just quickly clicking "accept" or "decline" over and over without even stopping to look at the submissions. I know I always decide accept or decline based on what I think even if I have a strong feeling that the community will decide otherwise, and I think that's definitely the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
gbohrer wrote:
I think most of us would if it weren't for that Damocle's sword that if we guess wrong on the consensus too often, we get barred.

I didn't know about that. How much do you have to deviate from the 'general consensus' to get barred? (Not that I'm way off, or at least I don't think so.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to deviate a lot for this to happen - and it isn't cumulative so it isn't as if people accrue strikes against them over time.

The bar is not set low enough that it would be likely to catch someone who was using his or her true opinions.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
I'll let you guys in on a little secret: no one has ever been barred from geekmod. Vote honestly, and you'll never have a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a relief, since I'm running at 45% decline! Certainly when I've posted geekmodding questions, I've been trying to find out what the community consensus is; in one case, I've even changed the way I vote on finding out that most folks thought something was acceptable that I didn't.

Getting winter where you're at, Dan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
Winter? not exactly...
It's halloween!
http://www.abcgallery.com/V/vangogh/vangogh40.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.