3 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Phase Three in Syria: Soldiers are Cheap, Bullets Cost Money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chick Lewis
United States
flag msg tools
Regarding my Vichy force versus Harry's Free French, my one-card discard limit from the Allied advantage was very annoying.

Harry did set up forward allowing me to place two Legionnaire squads immediately adjacent to his HMG in the buildings. Then the one-in-four chance of an Advance order in my opening hand eliminated the HMG and attendant squad + team before it could be used.

The entire game it seemed that Harry couldn't get a break. Early in the game my fire orders consistently resulted in draws of 9 or 11 Firepower, and soon the largest Free French force was leaderless. All but two squads were 'mopped up' before the largest Vichy force headed down the road for the enemy board edge, earning 21 points. Before those units could reappear, the Vichy secondary force nearly wiped out the Free French units on their side of the map, and the Free French reached surrender, in spite of an 'Elan' event.

The whole game everything I tried seemed to work, so it couldn't have been much fun for Harry, but he is a great sport, and played through to the bitter end.

Earlier when Donna and I played the same scenario with me as Vichy, the results were eerily similar.

Therefore I am not looking forward to trying my hand on as the Allies.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.