Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary C
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you stay on the same tile for 2 consecutive turns without moving? The rules seem pretty clear to me that Phase 1 of a turn is to move up to 2 spaces. There have been some questions whether you are allowed to move 1 space and then move 1 space back to the starting point.

The rules simply state that you can turn or change course on your two-space move, but doesn't clarify if it is legal to backtrack.

I personally don't think so, but it's a question that's come up with a couple of different players so I thought I'd get a clarification. I've scoured through the rules and don't find it specifically mentioned, so any help is appreciated!

A second one is this: Are there any limits to the number of Pillar cards that can be used for making contributions to the obelisk? I know it says you may make one or more, so theoretically you could save a bunch and do a complete sweep of the obelisk in one move, right? (I know, it would be hard to pull off, but it's a possibility).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghcstr wrote:
Can you stay on the same tile for 2 consecutive turns without moving? The rules seem pretty clear to me that Phase 1 of a turn is to move up to 2 spaces.

"Up to 2" includes zero, one, or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
David's answer to your first question is correct.

ghcstr wrote:

A second one is this: Are there any limits to the number of Pillar cards that can be used for making contributions to the obelisk? I know it says you may make one or more, so theoretically you could save a bunch and do a complete sweep of the obelisk in one move, right? (I know, it would be hard to pull off, but it's a possibility).

You may use as many Pillar cards as you want/can afford in one turn.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary C
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, after posting the question I went back and looked at the wording that I wrote and answered the "up to 2" question for myself. Sometimes I just have to back off and look at it a bit I guess... Thanks for the answers there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.