Popular Tags: [View All]
Aram
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Diamant arrived today and when I opened it up it was missing the board which represents the explorers' camp. Were there different versions, IE one with and one without a board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no board after the first edition. Designer Bruno Faidutti has made it available on his web site so you can print it yourself. I printed it on photo paper and mounted it and it looks nice actually...

http://www.faidutti.com/index.php?Module=mesjeux&id=379&fich...

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, no board in the 2nd edition. That's the bad news.

The good news is that the game is a lot of fun. My group has played it every week since I got it.

While you're printing out the board, grab 15 green glass stones and call them Emeralds which are worth 10 rubies each. This way you won't run out of jewels when you play with a large group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yuk Blech. I though only the cheaper Americanized "Incan Gold" skimped on components. I guess I'm in no rush to get the "quality" version. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Yeah, I held out to see how low the price would go for Incan Gold, but when I realized that the components looked ... well, chintzy, I went ahead and ordered Diamant. I'll print out the board for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Yeah, I held out to see how low the price would go for Incan Gold, but when I realized that the components looked ... well, chintzy, I went ahead and ordered Diamant. I'll print out the board for it.

Oh come on, Is the card art poor, something wrong with the finish, the cards too small? Come at least get a look the game before you pull a "Mission:Red Planet" on us. Whats next the box take to long to open.

Sorry if I'm jumping all over you here, But I think your jumping the gun here. You may wish they had included, the little exporer men, a game board (that was dropping in the orginial version cause we all complain it cost to much)..etc. This game has be reformatted to be a CARD game, it has a lower MSRP then the orginal.

You may want to spend the extra $s for the game in a differnt format (the Hardback or the Paperback maybe)...but don't say they are Incan Gold componets are "chintzy" before you see them.

Disclamer: Member of RipCity gamers (they get playtest credit) Know Sunriver team well, but not affliated with them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree that Incan Gold is pretty cheap looking. I'd definitely put my money into Diamant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't comment on the quality of the Incan Gold version since all I've seen is the picture. But it's only on sale at Funagain and it's $20. For only $5 more, you can get Diamant. That $5 gets you the 8 carts to hold your points, and 8 meeples. That's less than a dollar a meeple! I was going to wait for Incan Gold until I realized I was only going to save five bucks and not even get all the bits. IMO, Incan Gold is overpriced at $20 but worth half of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After purchasing Diamant a few weeks ago, it has quickly become one of my family's favorite games. We aren't familiar with any other version, so the lack of a board didn't bother anyone.

We did, however, feel that the game ships with too few gemstones. I sent a letter to Germany and they quickly sent us a bag of gems to supplement the game. Very nice. Since then, however, we have also taken to using the very same flattened glass beads mentioned above as 10-point gemstones.

Here is an excellent place to purchase more gems. Very cheap! https://www.wholesalersusainc.com/

I also agree that Diamant has a more appealing look and feel than Incan Gold. I love the Indiana Jones meeples and their associated crates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Peter Loop wrote:
Oh come on, Is the card art poor, something wrong with the finish, the cards too small? Come at least get a look the game before you pull a "Mission:Red Planet" on us. Whats next the box take to long to open.

Sorry, let me correct myself: I prefer the artwork in Diamant to that in Incan Gold. Is that better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Warpozio
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
After purchasing Diamant a few weeks ago, it has quickly become one of my family's favorite games. We aren't familiar with any other version, so the lack of a board didn't bother anyone.

The board doesn't add anything to the game (IMHO), just an increased price tag. It is used to lay the roundcards (1-5) and put your worker on once he is out of the mine.
At Essen 2005 I had teh choice between teh version with and without board, difference in price was 10€. That was a quick choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Disclamer: Member of RipCity gamers (they get playtest credit) Know Sunriver team well, but not affliated with them

I'm not jumping on anyone here, just asking a daft question ....

Why would you need to playtest a game that already exists ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
... Why would you need to playtest a game that already exists ?

To much playtesting? ( - I understand that is not what you said. )

The game is not a straight reprint of Diamant (which I don't think was possible from a business prespective). The rules are rewritten, and the components are redone, and there are a few new things in there as well (artifacts are NOT in the Diamant version of the game). I think there are parts of this version of the game people will like better.

Check out the new rules at: http://www.sunrivergames.com/incan-gold/incan-gold-downloads...

Sunriver is a new and small company, I don't think they have made a game with diecut anything yet, They learned card production from doing Havoc. 24/7 (Not a Euro, but a good game too) the other Essen release has nice tiles in it, so I do think they are growning on the production side.

KC Humphrey the Incan Gold Developer at Sunriver games, is a prolific designer too. (see Havoc, and many, many others not yet published), he had many other tricks up his sleave - which were tried in playing Incan Gold (I don't know if an expainsion is in the works to included these "ideas" in the future or not.) But it is hard to improve on Moon & Faidutti.

Another key player at Sunriver games is Chris Brooks, his blog is a good read. www.chrisbrooks.org

Sunriver has posted card pictures one thier site:

Disclamer: I'm a member of the RipCity gamers (they get playtest credit in the rules) I know Sunriver team well, they are a great bunch of guys, but I'm not affliated with them.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hunsucker
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Diamant, and I think I like the exit mechanic much better in Incan gold than I do in Diamant. Much easier to hold two cards and put one down after every round than to try to keep the meeple balanced on your lap while you're gathering gems and then pretend to grab it when you're ready to leave. The folded card tents seem a little cheap, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mangler103 wrote:
I've got Diamant, and I think I like the exit mechanic much better in Incan gold than I do in Diamant. Much easier to hold two cards and put one down after every round than to try to keep the meeple balanced on your lap while you're gathering gems and then pretend to grab it when you're ready to leave. The folded card tents seem a little cheap, however.

I just keep it in my left hand not my lap. I like Incan Gold Artwork. I own second edition Diamant. My only concern with Incan Gold is the tents that you fold from cards it looks like. I just wonder how long they'll last from flattening then refolding, etc. It's nice they come with gold worth 10 to eliminate any shortages of treasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aram
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link! A guy who comes to one of our game groups had a lot of success printing out the aditional knight card for Shadows Over Camelot at Kinkos. I'll give that a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The components for Diamant is what put me over the top in deciding to get it. The several colors of cowboy-explorer meeple and their color-coordinated treasure bins kick ass. Anyway, that's what keeps me wanting to pull the game out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huge empty box and no board bit of jip..

lol i know i complain about the lost cities board but that a 2 player game... for muliplayer game syou want a bit of something to .show

any way enought whinning they did put and extra blue meeple in my box ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
huge empty box and no board bit of jip..

lol i know i complain about the lost cities board but that a 2 player game... for muliplayer game syou want a bit of something to .show

any way enought whinning they did put and extra blue meeple in my box ....

Yeah, that seems kind of silly complaining about the unnecessary board in Lost Cities and then complaining Diamant doesn't have a board. They're both just card games when you get right down to it. Besides, you can just print out the board and laminate it if you like it. That's what I did. If Incan Gold has better rules and new stuff I suppose any of you can get that and use the card and new rules with the old components. Hmmm, not a bad idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He-Joon Kim
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking into getting Diamant now too (I think I'd miss the bits in Incan Gold).

Some of you have mentioned you've just bought it. Can anyone tell me where? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant is great but we've found that playing any more than two games of it in one session is overkill.
Less is more with Diamant to a point. Leave people wanting more and it always goes well....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Huesken
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a copy of Key Town! Got a copy for trade?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh of relief....

today I finally decided to read the rules (and maybe even play it tonight) and discovered that I had no basecamp board. My initial conclusion was that I must have thrown the board out by accident with my punched out scraps. I opened a number of games that day - so it would've been possible to toss important bits in the confusion of all the scraps. But... I am relieved to find out I'm not so absent minded and it's a common problem. The printed version should work just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.