Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to preorder Battlelore in a few days (NOT at 70 bucks- that hill giant ain't that critical to the game!). With the limited info out there, is there any reason to order two? I know having two Memoir 44 is good, but how about this game? Any comments?

I like having two copies of some games to combine units or maps- OR BOTH-but some games don't really allow themselves to be combined. Has anyone heard if this game is one of those where it might be good to have two copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've heard the board is double sided... the reverse side is one half of a mega-board you will be able to join up with another from the base set to play larger battles.

Rather than laying them side by side (short edge to short edge) as in Memoir '44, the BattleLore boards will be placed long edge to long edge thus giving a deeper battlefield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I wasn't aware that there was any reason to own two copies of Memoir '44. Now I know.

(not that I ever would, of Memoir or Battlelore or anything else really. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
I am going to preorder Battlelore in a few days (NOT at 70 bucks- that hill giant ain't that critical to the game!).

The pricing confuses me. Pre-orders from the DoW site are $70 but come with a Hill Giant (worth maybe $10). Pre-orders from ThoughtHammer are $50 with no Giant. From my experience, pre-orders were usually discounted (or at least equal to mail-order) to entice early sales. I wonder how many have pre-ordered from DoW or have they shot themselves in the foot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think DoW believes, and maybe rightly so, that some people will pay through the nose for a unique figure not found anywhere else. I have seen people pay over 50 bucks for one of the free Convention Heroscape figures on Ebay. So an extra 20 bucks to pick up the hill giant is not too outrageous if a person REALLY has to have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reason to own two...to have double the funlaugh

I have a disorder, I must have two copies, more minis. Yes I need help. And yet my wife still says with me. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES!

The reason to order two is so you can send the second one to me.

But please, don't be cheap - send me that hill giant with it.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife may or may not stay with me if I buy two. If she likes the game, I am sure I have a few more months to hang around... until Marvel SuperHeroes Boardgame and Marvelscape come out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, back when M'44 first came out I ordered from DoW at the earliest possible opportunity just to get it in time to take along on vacation (it did indeed arrive just in time, and we enjoyed the heck out of it).

The price was full retail plus s/h. The only advantage was that it came a week before the brick-and-mortar store got it from a distributor.

DoW does not do pre-release special pricing since they don't run a P500-style marketing strategy. Main advantages of ordering from DoW is getting new items a few days sooner and, in this case, getting the promo giant. If you nave a b&m store in your area that gives regulars a discount, you're better off going that route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.