Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Barringer
United States
Rushford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I could interpret from the blur of zooming in on the provided scenario in the BattleLore Primer.

Historical Notes:
Last month's battle was rather inconclusive and our allies were only too happy to keep running behind the safety of ___ Arlanno!

What seemed stranger was our enemies' apparent willingness to ride deeper into Castile. It wasn't until we saw the first Iron Dwarves' standards, firmly planted across hilltops, that their tactics started to make sense...

The rumors we'd heard in Montpellier of English mercenaries mixed in with Henry the Bastard's troops, hadn't been so quite off the mark after all. Except they weren't English renegades - they were Scots.

And with a clear certainty we knew as we lined up for battle - they wouldn't run away!

Briefing:
Don Pedro the Cruel:
Command Cards - 5
Victory Conditions - 6
Henry of Trastamara:
Command Cards - 6
Victory Conditions - 6

Special Rules:
The entire river is fordable [p. 63]. In addition, the tree very shallow ford sections, up the river, do not stop a unit's movement.

Advice to the Apprentice:
Both players should play Henry's side in turn, putting his Dwarves' Iron Morale to their advantage on the battlefield.

Check the rules for morale [p. 26-28] and battle backs [p. 34] in addition to the rules for Iron Dwarves [p. 37].

I'm really getting pumped for this. I may have gotten the page numbers wrong, but that is the gist.

Feel free to leave a tip if you found this useful... I need an avatar =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The missing words are "behind the relative safety of the Rio Arlanzon!"

Good job deciphering this, anyway!

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip on the way.

I need an avatar too but i keep saying that for the last 3 years and i just keep tiping people....shake

Victory condiotin 6? Ok, more carnage than the other C&C, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hmmmmm....

I like fantasy.

I like history.

I'm not sure if I like my fantasy mixed together in the same pot with my history though.

I was hoping Battlelore would have historical scenarios and fantasy scenarios, but from the looks of this it sounds like at least some of them are "historical fantasy" scenarios. I don't think I like the idea of Norman wargriders fighting Saxon archmages at Hastings.

Thanks for the info.

I just had a vision of some public school history teacher getting ahold of this game and using it in the classroom....and children coming home telling their parents they learned how an alliance of Dwarves and Germans turned back the Mongol hordes!!! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have good eyes to be able to read all of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.