Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
We opened up the evening with two games of High Society, a game that gets played fairly frequently around here. It’s a very good opener.

Both Ryan and Chris were new to the game.

In game one, Ryan pulled off the victory, scoring a whopping 28 points. Chris had the least money and was so eliminated.

Scores:
Ryan - 28 points (winner), $32.000
Rick - 18 points, $31,000
Dan - 12 points, $64,000
Chris - 10 points, $28,000 (lowest money, eliminated)

Game two came right down to the wire. The game ends when the last red card is turned up. We had gone through all the cards except two - the 10-value card, and the last red card. We flipped up the next card - it was the 10.

Now, at that point in the game, I had 15 points on the table (the 1, the 6, and the 8). Ryan had 7 points, Rick had 5 points plus the doubler (so he had 10 points), and Chris had 9 points.
I was basically out of the running for the 10-card, since I knew I couldn’t afford to bid for it - I knew if I did, I would definitely have the lowest cash and would lose. So I couldn’t and didn’t bid.

But that meant that whoever else bid and got the 10-card would win the game - PROVIDED that their bid didn’t bring their total money down to the lowest of the 4 players.

If Ryan won the auction, he would have had 17 points.
If Rick won the auction, he would have had 30 points.
If Chris won the auction, he would have had 19 points.

And all 3 of those scores were more than the 15 points I had.

The bidding was furious. And of course, being the last card bid on, the 3 of them only had a few money-cards left to bid with, which really limited their options. In the end, Rick took the 10 with a bid of $33,000. But that did indeed leave him with the lowest money, so he was eliminated. Which left me as the winner. Yay.

Rick - 30 points, $6000 (lowest money, eliminated)
Dan - 15 points (winner), $22,000
Chris - 9 points, $51,000
Ryan - 7 points, $48,000

Everyone really enjoyed these two games of High Society.
Ratings:
Ryan - 9
Chris - 9
Rick - 8
Dan - 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.