Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
Next up was Manhattan. Not too much to say about this game, except it was hard fought. We played the standard, basic game.

Much of the game found me battling Rick in a couple of neighborhoods, and Ryan battling Chris in a couple of neighborhoods. It was almost as if there were two different two-player games going on at the same time on the same board. Each player seemed to have one main opponent, and didn’t mess much with the other players. In previous games I’ve played of Manhattan, it has always seemed to be everyone against everyone. But in this particular playing of the game, there was a definite feeling of me against Rick, and Chris against Ryan.

During the game, several skyscrapers were built in such a way that no one else could add to them except the player with the color on top. In the third round, Chris had 3 of these monster skyscrapers. But in the final round, Rick managed to cap one of his buildings, assuring himself the 3-point bonus for the tallest building - and that gave him the victory.

That was a key action, too. If Ryan had managed to get the tallest building, he would have had 3 points more and Rick would have had 3 points less, and Ryan would have won. And the same with Chris - he also would have won if he had managed to keep the 3-point bonus. And we won’t talk about me.

And for the record, Rick’s tallest building was 17 storeys high.

Final scores:
Rick - 46 (winner)
Ryan - 44
Chris - 41
Dan - 39

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.