Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » VIC (Melbourne)

Subject: BorderCon 2006 (Nov 11-12th) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: convention [+] [View All]
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just wanted to post details for BorderCon 2006. BorderCon is hosted by Border Games of Albury Wodonga (you may have played with us in Wodonga after the Expo) and this year it is being held on the 11th and 12th of November.

The event will host RPG Sessions, Tabletop Gaming including a 40K event, CCG's and of course many many Board Games.

Board Games will run all day on both days and we have decided on an open, social format so we encourage you to bring a box of your favourites. We can arrange for some mini tournaments if there is demand.

We will run a BBQ on both days and do food runs at night.

We have booked a High School in town with access to the gymnasium and 10 seperate classrooms.

For more information please go to our website at www.bordergamesaw.com

Cheers,

Neil

PS - I will be identifying club members who could put people up at their house to minimise costs. I'll post these soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Neil
How many board game tables/players are there likely to be? I'm tossing around coming up from Melbourne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gregor,

Sorry for the late response.

I don't expect too many travellers as we have promoted the event later than we probably should have. Perhaps 6-10 from out of town.

But I can guarentee around 15-20 gamers from the club and we have advertised on the TV, paper and radio so we should pull a few general public.

My family is moving out for the weekend, so I can put up 6-7 people free at my place.

The plan is to play the light to medium stuff during the day and get into some longer, heavier games at night.

First in best dressed for the accomodation. You can let me know via this forum.

Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll wave as I fly over - I'm going up to Sydney on the 11th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Fraser we'll send up a flare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take you up on your offer of accomodation for Sat night.

I'll come up Sat morning by bus or train, won't get there till 1130 or so, but that still leaves plenty of time for gaming. There doesn't seem to be an earlier bus/train.

Let me know if there's any specific games you want me to bring. Anybody up for Cosmic Encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gregor,

Sounds great. A taxi from the station to Xavier High will cost $5-$6. Once there I can be your taxi for the weekend.

I haven't played Cosmic Encounter in years! I would recommend bringing anything you enjoy that doesn't fit the light to medium strategy mould as we will have 60-100 games in this area. I'm talking Gamers games I guess.

Check out our club's games library at bordergamesaw.com and you'll get an idea of the games we will have here. You'll find the games library under the Board\Card Games link.

Anyone else game enough to join Gregor in my den of board games and Star Wars collectibles? I promise the kids have been shipped off for the weekend.

Neil

PS - If anyone wants to travel up Friday night my house is free for that too. I can pick anyone up if they come by bus or train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Neil-- in that case I'll come up on the Friday night train. It's nice not to miss the start of things.

I'll bring Die Macher, which I aquired recently, but have never played. The train trip is just the thing for reading rules and watching the boardgames with scott video again. And I'll bring CE and a couple of fillers that aren't on your library list.

Thanks -- this is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure - shame we don't have a few more joining you on the train. But the offer was kind of last minute.

Let me know an arrival time for Friday night. I have a school fete to help run (remembered at the last minute) but never fear. I have a host of club people that can pick you up if you arrive before I'm done (they'll be setting up the hall).

Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The schedule says it arrives at Railway Pde at 9pm. I've sent my contact details to your bgg email as well.

See you tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect timing after the fete.

Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.