Subject: Age of Toys and Explorer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you visit Age of Toys with Explorer in play, do you get 2 money for drawing 2 cards? I would assume you do, because the wording does say "draw 2 cards". But I wasn't completely sure because it seems like this isn't really drawing cards; it's revealing them. I mean, if you literally draw them, then they go in your hand and you can't prove that the card that you then play is one of the two that you drew, or that the card you discard is one of the two you drew.

Similar question for Alien Contact; if you're going to score the card then you can't really "draw it" into your hand; you would have to just reveal it as you draw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
GendoIkari_82 wrote:
If you visit Age of Toys with Explorer in play, do you get 2 money for drawing 2 cards? I would assume you do, because the wording does say "draw 2 cards". But I wasn't completely sure because it seems like this isn't really drawing cards; it's revealing them. I mean, if you literally draw them, then they go in your hand and you can't prove that the card that you then play is one of the two that you drew, or that the card you discard is one of the two you drew.

Similar question for Alien Contact; if you're going to score the card then you can't really "draw it" into your hand; you would have to just reveal it as you draw it.
Yes, Explorer produces $ for Age of Toys and Alien Contact. In practice people do not find it tricky to make it clear that they aren't cheating with those cards.

Also, in a roundabout way I happen to know that you're curious about when exactly Primitive Paradise resolves. You get the $2 first, prior to resolving the effects of the zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
GendoIkari_82 wrote:

Yes, Explorer produces $ for Age of Toys and Alien Contact. In practice people do not find it tricky to make it clear that they aren't cheating with those cards.

Also, in a roundabout way I happen to know that you're curious about when exactly Primitive Paradise resolves. You get the $2 first, prior to resolving the effects of the zone.

Thanks! I asked the Primitive Paradise question in another thread here before; already answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a card that gives you money for each discarded card (think tank?). I assume it also triggers from Age of Toys, as AoT has you discard one of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
MunchWolf wrote:
There is a card that gives you money for each discarded card (think tank?). I assume it also triggers from Age of Toys, as AoT has you discard one of the cards.

For every discard. The only "discards" not counted are placeing cards in the discard pile after playing or scoring them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls