Popular Tags: avatar [+] [View All]
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally did it! I earned enough to buy an avatar! But's what's in an avatar? Tell us by pasting the image link of the avatar in your reply. (That way it will be preserved when you change your avatar). I looked for some Geeklists about games and avatars, but they're outdated and, of course, most of the avatars have changed. I noticed a thread about posting avatar images in forum posts and that inspired me to write this list.

So post your avatar in your reply and tell us what it's all about!

Like this....

This is a picture my daughter painted. My wife is sitting on the couch and I and my four daughters are playing Ingenious. It's a little tough to see it, but look closely!

Now, what's your avatar all about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do a geeklist search for "avatars", there are a bunch of explanations/stories already given. Enjoy!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=search&tit...

Chris H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a hallmark of italia's worldcup victory. congrats to the azzurri!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is my favorite actor from my fifth favorite movie of all time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Benjamins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite bands of all time, nothing more to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a gaming group organizer, so most of my avatar is locational: the California state flag and OC in orange for Orange County. The left bottom corner is the logo of North American Aviation, which both my parents worked at for many decades, working on projects like the Apollo moon landing and the Space Shuttle. In the center bottom, I have the microbadge I intend to buy next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is just what I currently feel is the greatest 3 minutes of comedy from the last decade or so.
I do change mine fairly often, however.
I went through Marty Feldman's pic for a long while...then Ferrell's Cowbell pic and now Lazy Sunday...
It'll change again, I am certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a picture I drew - I liked the look of it (no false modesty here) and decided to use it!

I'm no artist by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is the game Frischfleisch, an early game of Friedman Friese. I liked it not for what is shows but what it didn't show:

WeeWee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
If you do a geeklist search for "avatars", there are a bunch of explanations/stories already given. Enjoy!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=search&tit...

Chris H.

Well, fooey!

First of all, nobody is posting their avatars in their posts! (with the exception of MWChapel, which is TMI!!!) That means this thread will be moot when avatars change.

Secondly, I DID check out those Geeklists and most are over a year old, so they don't work that well either.

But I have one now so I can have fun with it! And that's what counts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Meeple
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my avatar is Mrs. Meeple, who is a game widow. I chose the Meeple because Carcasone was the second game my husband introduced me to that I considered "complicated" (the first was Tikal, but no cool toys), and actually discovered to be quite fun. Still, my choice in games is still somewhat limited, mostly because I lack players more on my own skill level and tend to prefer games with easy strategies. Here is Mrs. Meeple, in the plain:

She is blonde like me, is red because I always play the red Meeples, and carries a green purse and cell phone like me. We have more in common figure-wise than I would like, but I don't wear high heels, LOL. I am a jewelry lover, so she had to have pearls. They are classic.

Here is Mrs. Meeple for Halloween 2006. She is Wonder Woman, mostly because I solved all the Tanga puzzles with few hints and felt like one. Fortunately, Mrs. Meeple is not afraid to wear the costume as a full-figured gal, whereas I would not go there. Here she is:

I got very lucky and got my avatar early, thanks to a generous donor who appreciated one of my postings. Looking forward to hearing about other avatars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Trolls Allowed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of an old map (1635) of the Meierij. I live in it's neighbouring region (Baronie van Breda); my hometown is just on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is the 24th Michigan Monument on McPherson's Ridge in Gettysburg. The 24th Michigan (a part of the Iron Brigade) fought on the ridge on July 1st 1863. Outnumbered, they continued to fall back and reform their lines. In the end they took more total casualties than any other regiment in the Army of the Potomac. Their stand and those of the rest of the Iron Brigade allowed fellow soldiers of the 1st Corps to retreat to Cemetery Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is not a pipe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is not there yet....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Walker
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is the head of a 9th century glass gaming piece found in a Viking burial in Birka, Sweden. It's the hnefi (king) from Hnefatafl, my favourite game. I was going to include the whole piece, but it was then difficult to see how cute his little face is. I've inserted the picture below, but I'm not sure if it will change if I change my avatar in future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The picture is of Omar "The Assasin" (or "The Sleepmaker", or "The Haymaker") Crocker. Considered by the people who are still alive to remember, as the greatest amateur boxer boxer who ever lived. Boxing for the University of Wisconsin, he was the NCAA welterweight champion of 1939, and lost the 1940 title descision when a judge marked his score card wrong, (the judge admitted such within hours, but the NCAA refused to reverse the descision). He once won five straight fights,all first rd. KOs, whose total elapsed time was less than 5 minutes. And oh yeah...he was my uncle.

You can google him, for more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb

I have Snape, not because I am evil--though some would beg to differ, but that is usually found in one who is at the losing end of a point--rather, it is because:

1) Alan Rickman--great actor, incredible voice--a teacher's voice.

2) I believe, I hope, Snape turns out to be one of the "good guys." If he is, in fact, in cahoots with He-who-must-not-be-named, this will prove to be chessy writing on Rawlings' part. But if Snape was--is--actually in cahoots with Dumbles, then all is right with the HP universe.

3) He looks good with the green lettering above him. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a piece of CGI art a friend of mine did a while back. Its actually humpty dumpty's face. I chose it because its very distinctive. You don't forget my avatar. Its sooooo ugly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone old enough to remember Ataris

I played Outlow a lot on my 2600 back then. "Back then" is found in the late 70's/early 80's.

It's very retro. It was a long night when I painted this GIF!

[EDITs]a way too stupid to include an image...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is Marcel Duchamp (the main contrarian in Modern Art) in front of his self-designed board to demonstrate chess problems.

More about him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Duchamp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Band of Brothers book by Steven Ambrose (and the HBO mini-series based on the book) are about the World War II history of Company E of the 101 airborne division/ 506 regiment/ 2nd battalion. I really liked the mini-series.

Also, I am also a wargame fan, so I hunted around in my games for a piece from a game that matched the subject of the book. And so I picked this piece from Monty's Gamble which is really for the whole 2nd battalion, but it's the closest I could find. Well arguably it's okay, because the main character, Major Winters did eventually command all of 2nd battalion.

Now if I could only figure out how to fix the geek badge text to not run over the edges ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a painting of John Coltrane, my favourite musician.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.