Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are trying to put together a games wanted list for family that want to get us Christmas presents. I have a few ideas but thought I would bring it to the BGG community to help lead us. We enjoy a variety of games; Carcassonne (w/ expansions), basic Settlers of Catan, Quits, Odin's Ravens, Mille Bornes, and Set are probably our favorites right now. You can see the other games we own on my profile page. We tend to play games ourselves and also with other people (of varying ages).

The list now includes:
Hey! That's my fish
Clans
Settlers of Canaan
Castle Keep
Blokus
Lost Cities

Please let me know if you have any other games that you might think me may like. Thanks,

jeRm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I enjoy all of these games:

Wooly Bully
Ticket to Ride
Thurn and Taxis
Cartagena
Guillotine

If you click on my profile icon, I have short blurbs for each of them in my collection and you might find others there that you like, as well.

Merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Yim
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. I think I'll make a list for myself too.

Have you considered (off the top of my head):

Around the World in 80 Days
Citadels
Elfenland
For Sale
Hansa
Ingenious (I like this better than Blokus)
Ra
Samurai (Knizia)
Ticket to Ride
Thurn & Taxis
Winner's Circle (aka Royal Turf)

These are all light to medium weight games that I enjoy, some of which I've given as gifts.

Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a pretty good list there yourself, though I might skip Castle Keep judging by its ratings here. Ticket to Ride and Citadels were also excellent suggestions. Consider Carcassonne expansions if you haven't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've got a pretty good list there already, especially Hey That's My Fish, Clans, Blokus, and Lost Cities.

A few more that I would recommend are: Through the Desert (excellent for 2), Ra (has a fabulous 2-player variant), and Louis XIV (another great 2-player game).

Oh, and I would suggest changing Blokus to Travel Blokus if you think you'll only want to play with 2-players. While Blokus has 2-player rules, playing Travel Blokus is much better when you just have two, plus it's cheaper so you can get more games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for all the responses so far I am looking at these other games as well. Keep em coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.