Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after a loss at the hands of the seperatists, I decided to play with my friend again, however, this time with 2 more people. I wanted to be the reps again as I felt it was more challenging.

GAME ONE

When we played, we let the newer players go first, showing him the how-to cards, which he promptly forgot the later turns. My ally was completely not interested, but at least my friend's ally tried.

Instead of following the general rules, we placed tanks in our lands, to speeden territory claiming. I knew these people weren't interested, so I had to make setup as fast as possible.

When the game started, forces were quite spread out. Again, I can't remember exact details, but the turns of the newer players took a long time and they often asked us what to do, how many dice to roll, how many cards to take, bleh.

What I do know is that blue took over mid-rim and that I had extremely unluck dice rolls. I had 6 guys on a planet and they all lost to 1 guy with a token. One guy. I would constantly roll 1-3s, while my friend surprisingly hit a lot of sixes. Everytime I did get a six, that would be pleasantly accompanied with a one.

When sith was at space 9, my ally promptly left to visit his world of myspace, leaving me to play as the other rep. I tried to break the hold on mid-rim, but my lucky dice rolls slaughtered my men apart.

Then sid got to space 11 and wreaked havoc on the board. In the end yellow had 1 planet and red had two. I did what I could, but each planet had 1 army each. It was game.

GAME TWO

So I decided to have a re-rematch at my other friend's house, seeing as bad dice rolls did the game in.

Well, we all claimed the planets, but we placed them in a way so that one color would be placed specifically in certain regions. Again, I can't get specific here, but I'll point out key moments.

Just when I thought my dice rolls were bad, this game had it worse. I constantly rolled 2s and 3s every battle. Again, a 7 army versus 1 turned in favor of the seperatists 1 army. In the end, he held mid-rim again, while my yellow reps managed to hold the expansion worlds (the area with 4 planets in the center).

He called 66 on space 11 and LUCKILY I held Kessel that had 2 ships, an army of 6 controlled by yellow. Red however, was gone. And even more lucky was that I had gotten several cards the earlier turn and now traded them in.

I ended with 15 armies, a fighter, a corvette and a card that allowed to reroll all or any of my dice in an attack. Luckily, my opponent placed sid in Nal Hutta, which was 4 spaces away. Boz Pity, Kashyyk each had 2 armies, Rodia had 1 and the space that sid was on had 2.

I began the march. Boz Pity fell. I was about to attack Kashyyk when my opponent said, "You rushed me when you told me to remove the tokens, I wanted to place sid on Rattatak". Rattatak had 6 armies on it. I said well you shouldn't have dropped it there. We argued about it and then he said that he actually wanted sid on Polis Massus (can't read the second word).

I said fine, put him on Rattatak. Then he said forget this and promptly lifted the board and the pieces flew away. So could my army of 15, a fighter and a corvette stomp his army of 6? Nobody knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Teuber
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With your ongoing "luck" in die rolls, probably not. ;-P

It's a shame what the dice can do to this game. I played yesterday and got crushed because of the dice. I attacked a territory with two defenders in it and lost 12 (!) attackers without claiming that territory. The turn before I lost 6 defenders to an invading army of 3 seps. It's just impossible to win, rolling like that. At turn 4, my reps held just about a third of the planets, with a largest force of 3 defenders on a few of them, while the seps had some sectors flowing over with 8 to 10 armies. To make a long story short - I surrendered.

There must be some kind of rolling technique which allows you to roll only sixes. Or, much too often in my case, low numbers. Maybe it has something to do with the size of my palm? ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dima Nemchenko
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Figilano wrote:
It's a shame what the dice can do to this game. I played yesterday and got crushed because of the dice.

So true... But!
Napolean Bonaparte wrote:
"Give me a lucky general, not a good one. Everything is to chance."

Happy gaming!

nemchenk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tuxford
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a shame that the 'friend' couldn't be mature enough to eat his mistake in placing Sideous and finish the game properly. You were nice to let him fix his mistake, but then him tip the board up because you still kept up the offensive?

What a childish a$$#0le! Don't bother playing a game with people like that. Too stressful!!! Not fun!!!!yuk

PS; I think your army of 15 and 2 ships would have sufficed easily. The game was definitely yours, so chalk one up for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.