2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Carcassone : H&G rule clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rules [+] carc [+] [View All]
Jennifer Balfour
Canada
flag msg tools
I have a question about the rules in H&G expansion regarding the "Hunter on Bridge" card. The rules for this card are as follows :

"When scoring, the hunter counts in the meadows on both sides of the bridge. The bridge does not connect the meadows. When placing: there may be no other hunters in either meadow, as normal. The bear is worth 2 points."

We just played a game in which the 2 meadows on either side of the bridge eventually became joined by the placement of other pieces. Now, this was one big meadow. What I was wondering is if, because the hunter counts on BOTH sides of the bridge, if that meadow now had the value of two hunters on it, one from each side of the bridge, or if the hunter still just counted as one token on one plain, now that it was joined.

I apologize if this has been answered before or if I posted in the wrong place. I did a google search and checked these forums for a more appropriate spot and came up empty handed. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Pasquantonio
United States
Millis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jennifer,

Good question. My interpretation is that the Hunter on Bridge doesn't count as a double meeple, but merely controls two meadows at once. If they join up, I'd say that he counts once, and if there's another hunter that ends up on that super-meadow through joining, normal rules about ties apply.

I have this expansion and haven't had the two meadows join up yet, but that's how I'd play it if it came up.

Here's the link in this site to all things Carc:H&G --http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4390.

Welcome to BoardGameGeek!

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.