Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
10 PRINT "Hello!"
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only two treehouse sets (= 10*3 pyramids) and i cant get more for at least until my trip to essen(2 days.. ). But i have a urge to play zendo, so i had to make a variant...

The master and the students can only use the three pyramids of the same color. This makes the game a great party-game. I played with ten (10!) people and it still worked quite well. Everyone has one set, so when its your turn you have to destroy you last turns project. This works with 10 players, but for smaller number of players i sugest more sets per player. the oldest is destroyed when needed. It makes the game a tad bit lighter, but as a party-game its great!

a

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My knee-jerk reaction is that this would limit the options a little too much. Only 3 pieces, non of which are the same size. You can still do a lot, but there's even more that you can't.

Have you tried playing with all the pieces, stating that color doesn't matter? It would be the same as playing zendo with 2 monochrome stashes. Still a little limiting, but a bit more open than just 3 pieces.

*shrug* just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Why not play normally? You still have 6 pyramids of each of the the 5 colors. If anyone needs more, just destroy an earlier koan. With only 1 of each size in one color, there are too few options for rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.