Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played the base game of Zombies and Zombies 2 a fair bit when we first got into gaming, mostly in 3 and 4 player sessions. After we really got into Euros though, our Zombies expansions just sat there forlorne, like a lone undead akwardly strolling down an empty aisle.

But today we decided to try something a little different. We played Mall Walkers without the base game, and with half the 3.5 deck.

There are only 16 tiles in the expansion alone, so we put the helipad on the bottom. The game plays very fast this way, and in our first match my wife beat me quite soundly.

In our second match, I got off to a good start with a good roll and a "Clearance Sale" card to clear the aisles to get to the Department Store. I also placed the Outfitters shop, which is loaded with goods, right next to the department store so I could access it through the air vents.

Penny was having some bad luck with her rolls, but was in the process of trying to clean out some of the smaller shops. As there are few tiles in the expansions, it wasn't long before there were only a two left, which turned out to be the escalator and, of course, the helipad.

After cleaning out the Department Store and the Outfitters shop, I was closer to the helipad and in better shape. Penny placed the helipad on the second floor, but adjacent to the Food Court, where it could be accessed by air vents, and she was quite close to the Food Court.

I played a "They're Coming for You ________" card to slow her down, and headed for the helipad. Soon there was a whole chorus line of zombies streaming out of the helipad to greet me, as Penny tried to slow my approach.

However, there was no stopping the shotgun guy, and when I was one space away from the helicopter, I also had 24 zombies. Victory was assured, and I won.

I strongly recommend playing the expansions by themselves, at least for a two player session they work very well. Half of the 3.5 deck also added alot to the game.

Also, I have to admit it was quite nice to play a good blood and guts, hammer your opponent game for a change. Not that I am tired of Euros, but variety is definitely a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb

This does sound like a fun way to play. Not sure if
I will play with the tiles already layed out or not.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris carleton
Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like playing with the tiles face down. With so few tiles, it is not such a big deal where the helipad ends up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great suggestion. I just played Zombies for the first time with three and it seemed to last forever but I really like the game play. Would love to try the shortened version of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.