Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
The second game in our break-away session was Kingdoms. Now Kingdoms is a basically game a of maths with a thin theme veneered over the top. You win by maximising your score, minimising your opponents score and by seeing what interesting situations occur. Strategy comes from the use of the special tiles to gain yourself an advantage or to screw your opponents. Above all it’s a light game that can be played in 30 minutes as a quick filler.

This was Oggies first encounter with the game, but the rules are quick and easy to explain (see the session report by Paul Johnson for a more detailed explanation of how it all works). The game is played in 3 rounds and despite his being new to the game Oggie managed to score heavily on rounds 1 and 2 and do just enough in round 3 to win. Apart from myself who was trailing behind (but still trying), Boog and Ann were valiantly attempting to curb Orgies point-fest and win themselves.

Final scores (rating):

Andy 108 (7), Boog 184 (7), Ann 165 (6), Oggie 197 (7)

Classic Quote:

Ann “So where did I finish?”
Andy “Third”
Ann “Ok, I’ll give it a 6 then.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.