Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I seemed to remember hearing that there was quite a difference between the US and UK versions or editions of this game. I think the consensus was that the US edition was better, but I can't actually find anything to support that recollection.

Can anyone tell me which one is better or recommend one over the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was looking into this game, I read a number of postings on various sites that bashed the UK version heavily. It was damn near universal bashing at that.

I don't know why--as I've not played the UK version--but every posting kept saying it was a completely different game (whatever that may actually entail...again, I can't compare).

All I can really say is that I decided to go only for the US version and that's what I have. It's a decent game actually (won't blow you away really, but it's not shabby) and it caught me a little off guard.

I'd call it a pleasant surprise and I love when that happens. For fans of the show, it's even better.

UK version bad, US version good...what the actual differences are though, I can't say; I can only parrot what I read: the UK version is a completely differnt game--and, it bit.

Not much help aside from backing up what you'd already read right? Sorry for not adding much else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason that's fine, backing up my recollection is good meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not, perhaps, motivated by the presence of both on ebay Australia?

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the UK edition, but have never played it because I threw away the rules by accident. But having read them I can tell that it's a fairly boring game with little or no resemblance to the Buffyverse and a lot of random factors. The US edition, on the other hand, is quite enjoyable - especially if you're a fanboy/fangal.

mads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lokides wrote:
Not, perhaps, motivated by the presence of both on ebay Australia?

AUS $76 for the US version - a tad steep for moi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK game is here: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game

US game average rating: 6.71 (536 ratings)
UK game average rating: 3.36 (29 ratings)
(As of February 1, 2007)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.