Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules that come with my deck, it says that if the player who won the trick has no cards left, the lead goes to the player on his right.

But when I played tonight with an experienced group, they played it that the lead goes to the player on the *right*.

Which is it?

(I should explain ... the group I played with used the western convention of playing in clockwise order, and the rulebook says to use the eastern convention of playing anticlockwise. So the rules were really stating that the player who *follows* the winner leads next, but the group I played with did the opposite and had the preceding player lead.)

So,

(a) who's right?, and
(b) if the group I played with is wrong, should they both changing their habit? does it make a difference?

thanks.

K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The group is wrong and if they are going to be playing with people who follow the rules as written then they should change their habit to avoid confusion. If they are only ever going to play within the group then they don't need to.

As you said, the rules state to play around to the right (e.g. anti-clockwise). If you go out the lead passes to the right, which is the next player. If you choose to play to the left, the it should remain the next player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.