Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
This was a triumph
badge
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying til' you run out of cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you take the fisherman action space in the summer do you have to pay 1 wood to upgrade your fish traps (like with the master action) or is the upgrade free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's free. The explanation on page 12 says nothing about paying a wood...just to move it one space to the right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
This was a triumph
badge
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying til' you run out of cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought, but I wanted to double check. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I had the same question.

Although the action description in the rule book on page 12 does not explicitly mention a cost, on page 7 of the rule book it says that whenever you see a white/blue Frisian Pattern you have to pay the depicted cost and it specifically mentions to 'move one of your Tool Indicators one space to the right'.

I will however take the free upgrade if it is being offered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Kaasen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I was going to disagree, but then I looked in the german rules, and it looks like the translater forgot to include the words "for free" in the translation of the fisherman action.

So I have to agree with Gary, though not on the basis of the english rules, which are rather ambiguous in this one case, but because the german rules state that it is "kostenlos" to move the marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls