Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
*spoilers for whole movie follow*

Where to begin? 1st of all, "based on actual events". Actually no, it's not. Yes, there have been serial killers in the outback, none of them have anything to do with this movie.

Ok, but let's assume that it's all for real. What then? The guy was the only one to survive and he never knew what happened to the girls. Which doesn't make any sense because the main focus of the movie was what was happening to them. See? So if it really was true, even then the core of the movie was completely made up. What's the point?

The point is the movie's just sick. The only "horror" here is from watching people get tortured. Sorry but movies are entertainment and I don't get why watching torture is entertainment.

And finally, it just plain sucks. There are so many bad decisions it's absurd. Ok, you managed to shoot the guy. If you're so worried about him still being alive pick up his knife and slit his throat. You're willing to go through his pockets for his keys scared to death he'll get up? Make sure he's dead, jesus.

Next up is the decision to push the truck off the cliff. Where did this come from? Ok, there's a cliff, drive in a different direction. Oh, and turn off your damn lights. The cliff was back there, you're not going to see another one. The truck was an extremely valuable asset to help them escape and they destroy it on the slim chance that he'll assume they died. Also, good job not even checking if any of those keys will start the truck he got out of. I mean, you did just make a plan to try those keys on his cars all the way back where he lives. Might as well try the one in front of your stupid face before walking half a mile.

So what happens when they get back? She tells her friend to wait five minutes before taking off while she searches for the guy friend and checks the cars. hmmm, I dunno but maybe she should be a lookout? He's only driving across flat empty terrain in the dark with his lights on. Even in her near hysterical state she could still accomplish the easiest lookout task ever. But no.

Ok, so she told her friend 5 minutes, and what does she do? Completely gets distracted from her search for her guy friend by his collection of pictures and movies from his previous victims. So she forgets about him and gets going with the cars and the killer's somehow in the back seat! It's a freaking miracle! Of all the tactical options available to the two sides, it's astounding that he came up with "I'll hide in the back seat of one of my dozen cars and hope she's going to try and steal one and hope she picks this one". My head is hurting trying to make sense of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wolf Creek is the biggest piece of crap horror movie eve
yuk OK, I haven't seen Wolf Creek, but I'll bet Bloodrayne would give it a run for its money. WOOF! Michael Madsen and Michelle Rodriguez trying to play Renaissance vampire-hunters. Phew! What a stinker! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Wolf Creek is the biggest piece of crap horror movie eve
surprise Hey! they 'stole' this entire "idea" from MY "A Day with the Baby", in which misadventures in "babysitting" takes place. During that, then I'm frequently 'mistaken' for a "Playboy" centerfold, I almost slide off from the slanted roof of a "skyscraper" whilst wielding a 'slingblade', and to top it all off, then I have to raise $10,000 to prevent an "orphanage" from closing down! The "Secret of MY Success" is that I'm 'living'~25 hours a DAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
This sort of crap is what passes for horror. Stupid people doing stupid things in stupid places and then getting chopped to bits as the camera zooms in to admire every gruesome detail. What did you expect?

Do you even need to watch a thing like Wolf Creek (or Saw, or Hostel, or Texas Chain Saw Massacre, or whatever) to know what a steaming pile it's going to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.