Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Plastic company: need recommendation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Burdell
msg tools
I'm trying to produce my own game and need a plastic company for injected molding - customized pieces not just pawns, etc.

Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dealt with Rolco, and their prices seem to be about the best for customs that I've seen. They also have several different options.

http://rolcogames.com

Bear in mind that for customs, "Best" is not the same as "cheap". It's gonna cost, and plenty- about $6500 for your first run.

Might be someone else has found other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Burdell
msg tools
Thanks for the QUICK response! I have seen their ads in Playthings Magazine and I figured they might be the place to go. I (being in US) would prefer to deal with someone here. It is good to hear from someone who has used them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmm...didn't use them (I ended up going in a different direction, because my bankroll wasn't big enough), so I can't speak to the quality of the customs. I did however talk with them at some length on my project.

The person I dealt with was Sandy (IIRC). They also sent me a set of samples which looked to be of quite adequate quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ernst
United States
Boring
Oregon
flag msg tools
There is a good small business in Oregon that does a great job with making molds and plastic injection molding.

http://www.adv-plastics.com/index.html

They would be able to answer some questions and give a basic idea of what it would take.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Burdell
msg tools
Thanks for the info. I will add them to the shortlist. Hope to have specs finalized shortly and can begin making these calls.

Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.