Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a game night at my house and I invited something like 35 people with 18 people saying they would come and in the end 9 showed up. So the party might not have been a big success, as far as attendance is concerned, but we played Apples to Apples for the first time and everyone enjoyed it. Several people laughed so hard they cried, including myself.

We played through all the red cards in the party box in about 2 1/2 hours. I loved the game but I could see most of my guests not wanting to play anything else in future game nights. At the end I was ready to move on to a more in depth strategy game and luckily 4 others were game.

Some of the funnier combinations:
Hot...The Little Mermaid (played by a girl)
Sensual... Will Smith (played by a guy)
Awesome... George W. Bush
Painful... Worms
Peaceful... Handguns (our group leans conservative)
Useless... Psychatrists (There were a couple of mental health professionals in our group).
Nasty... Black holes (someone said, "what's nasty about black holes?" and the laughing ensued).
Uneffective... Europe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buster Brown
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Steve,

If Apples to Apples was a big hit, you'll definately have to try "Why Did the Chicken...?" by Play Again Games. My gaming group has tried both, and the same folks that really liked Apples to Apples thought Why Did the Chicken was a LOT more fun, since it allows for much more creativity. That, and it's less than 18 bucks at most places. Give it a try with some creative folks, you won't regret it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.